The Republic of Heaven

Things you may have missed

Discuss general topics related to the series

Re: Things you may have missed

Postby kaoshoneybun » Thu May 07, 2009 5:47 am

I should hope so because that was one of the worst holes for Dust to leak out, along with the one to the Abyss that the Church's bomb created.
Children of the future age,
Reading this indignant page,
Know that in a former time
Love, sweet love, was thought a crime.

William Blake, A Little Girl Lost
kaoshoneybun
Gyptian

Postby xFaiiryTaLex » Fri May 08, 2009 2:04 pm

yes, they'll close it
xFaiiryTaLex
Grazer

Postby AUST » Sun May 10, 2009 10:19 am

Mockingbird wrote:
MojaveByrd wrote:I believe that Will and Mary would be able to see their own dæmons but no one else would be able to. I don't remember if it was Xaphania or Seraphina that told them that.

I received the impression that Will's dæmon would remain material. But since he is a "witch" in many ways, according to Serafina, he would be able to separate from her and go to school and do other normal things without a cat tagging along. Happily, Kirjava doesn't have conspicuous form anyway.

I think that Serafina told Mary she would be able to see her dæmon if she looked for him the right way, but he didn't actually materialize.

Yeah, Wills has been dragged from his body and thus she will be visable, but of course as a witch they can seperate and still be connected. Mary has to use the 'half-vision' to be able to see her daemon, but can't communicate with it and it won't be material. Its still essentally inside her.

As a random point; couldn't Will use Kirjava to cheat in exams, if they can still communicate over long distances she could simply read the answers to an exam or whatever and replay them back to him (might take some forethought though...)
My Spelling is wobberly. I get all the right letters but they wobble and end up in the wrong order
AUST
Witch

Postby MojaveByrd » Mon May 11, 2009 3:23 am

AUST wrote:

As a random point; couldn't Will use Kirjava to cheat in exams, if they can still communicate over long distances she could simply read the answers to an exam or whatever and replay them back to him (might take some forethought though...)[/quote][/quote]

AUST, Shame on you. :lol:
My Osprey daemon, Andreas
MojaveByrd
Gallivespian Spy

Postby Somewhat » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:09 pm

kaoshoneybun wrote:That must be this guy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Everett

Heh, that's E's father, isn't it? How curious. :)
Sraffie Awards 2008: Sexiest Male Sraffie // Formerly known as moonflash. Avatar courtesy of the lovely Bee.

"Can I make you a sandwich?"
"Okay - but no mayo. And no raisins, or celery. And no peas. No love, no joy, no future. No mushrooms."

- Buttercup Festival
Somewhat
Raustralian

Return to “%s” General His Dark Materials Talk