The Republic of Heaven

Your daemons

Discuss general topics related to the series

Re: Your daemons

Postby SoulLily » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:52 pm

My OkCupid test results:

Independent Soul.
-9 Extroversion, 4 Sensitivity, and 10 Openness
Suggested forms: Peregrine Falcon, Snowy Owl, Snow Leopard, Siberian Tiger, Osprey.

Truth is I never even considered a single one of those forms before. My analysis wasn't all that accurate either... I still like the Darwin's fox idea, but I'm also considering a Sokoke cat now. And the falcon sounds cool; I'll have to look at some bird analyses soon.
To be myself, I have to put on an act.
- Philip Pullman, The Broken Bridge

SoulLily
Gallivespian Spy

Re: Your daemons

Postby Acchon » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:26 pm

I really could not tell my daemon was a cat, since I am a dog-person O.o
My avatar is my daemon Uruvia the wildcat, according to the official move site. Just in case you wanted to know.
Acchon
Gallivespian Spy

Re: Your dæmons

Postby monster8532 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:33 pm

try me i like sports ill try anything once hate math and i hate when people tell me what to do I'm supposed to be smart but i don't try hard at very much except for football(American not English). Idont really care what people think about i have a lot of friends and i like to ahng out with them
It kills me not to know this
but I've all but just forgotten
what the color of her eyes were
and her scars or how she got them

As the telling signs of age rain down
a single tear is dropping
through the valleys of an aging face
that this world has forgotten

there is no reconciliation
that will put me in my place
and there is no time like the present
to drink these draining seconds

but seldom do these words ring true when
I'm constantly failing you
like walls that we just can't break through
until we disappear

so tell me now
if this ain't love then how do we get out?
because I don't know

Savior- Rise Against
monster8532
Gyptian

Postby Philharmonic » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:51 pm

Let's see, social, active, hates orders...I wouldn't be surprised to see you as a ferret or weasel or chipmunk. Maybe a cat, but they aren't very social. But then dæmons aren't exactly the same as the person.

So, here's me.

Independent, not all too social, hate doing work, being bossed around, like destruction, fairly active, king of procrastinators-or whatever the word is.

Stardate 53476.8. Captain's log. Still won't flush. I'll try again later.
Philharmonic
Angel

Location: Some small corner of a foreign field that is forever England

Postby monster8532 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:41 am

if when you say bossed around you do get bossed around i would say German shepherd if not then i don't know maybe Komodo dragon

btw-I always did like ferrets and weasels so maybe
It kills me not to know this
but I've all but just forgotten
what the color of her eyes were
and her scars or how she got them

As the telling signs of age rain down
a single tear is dropping
through the valleys of an aging face
that this world has forgotten

there is no reconciliation
that will put me in my place
and there is no time like the present
to drink these draining seconds

but seldom do these words ring true when
I'm constantly failing you
like walls that we just can't break through
until we disappear

so tell me now
if this ain't love then how do we get out?
because I don't know

Savior- Rise Against
monster8532
Gyptian

Postby Philharmonic » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:11 pm

i meant hate doing work and hate being bossed-so a komodo dragon...interesting

Stardate 53476.8. Captain's log. Still won't flush. I'll try again later.
Philharmonic
Angel

Location: Some small corner of a foreign field that is forever England

Postby Silverfist » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:35 am

Here's me:
I am very musical, I can understand/know what they're about/see right through a person after knowing them not that long, am quite dogmatic about some of my views (ex: my taste in music, my hate of homework), have good reflexes, fast hands and feet (I am a drummer/saxaphonist), generally have good timing/coordination, those who know me well appreciate me, I'm a decent actor, I'm sometimes stubborn about random things for no reason at all, and I LOOOOOOVE coffee.
And God said:
"Let there be rock."
And there was Led Zeppelin.
Silverfist
Gallivespian Spy

AOL: Oceanus+Mactus

Postby shady » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:26 pm

they changed site,so did they moves quiz?`coz i wanna take it,and i cant find it on the website :cry:
Some Will Fall but i Rise Thug Or Die
Makin Choices that Determine my Future Under the Sky
shady
Gallivespian Spy

Website: http://www.TheHateUGiveLittleInfantsFucksEveryone.com

Postby Stelmaria7 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:08 pm

I just want to see what people think my daemon would be. I'm shy in school and I don't like to work in groups or do group projects. I'm a perfectionist. My favorite class is English. I can't stand Math class as i suck at any kind of math. I want to be a librarian. I fidget with everything and so i have the nike name Fidget, I act very blond. I can be very hyper arround my friends, I don't have that many friends but more of a variety. People say i'm easy to get along with, smart and carring.
Stelmaria7
Gallivespian Spy

Location: sitting at the computer, staring into it's endless depths and reminissing about what could have been

Postby shady » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:06 am

I took only one test(and i aint gonna try others `coz i like this one)it was from the original GC site and it appeared that i have a dæmon Jackal:
Some Will Fall but i Rise Thug Or Die
Makin Choices that Determine my Future Under the Sky
shady
Gallivespian Spy

Website: http://www.TheHateUGiveLittleInfantsFucksEveryone.com

Postby nat_could_tell_u » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:33 pm

__Person__

~Name: EKAVI
~ Info: Female, Creative, Practiced Lier. Always has to have the last word.

__Daemon__
~Name: Nathanielaimon
~Info:Male, Settled as Darwin's Fox, also Creative, also Practiced Lier. Thinks before he acts.
nat_could_tell_u
Grazer

Location: somewhere in the universe, or at least in this one... with, of coarse, my daemon

Postby Stelmaria7 » Fri May 15, 2009 9:12 pm

Silverfish- I think your daemon would be somesort of song bird, because you like music and can see through people right away. Like you know if they are trustworthy or what ever. Mabe an Robin.
Stelmaria7
Gallivespian Spy

Location: sitting at the computer, staring into it's endless depths and reminissing about what could have been

Postby VMLM3 » Sun May 17, 2009 8:46 pm

Ok, try this one out:
I'm a very laid back sort of person, I guess I'm lucky that way, I don't stress easily and I can take most challenges/criticism calmly and intelligently. I'm also very open minded and thoughtful, I try very hard to not categorize/judge/misinterpret people/feelings/situations/etc. I'm very playful, I like sports, games, making up stupid little games for absolutely no reason, given a long enough time with anybody I can guarantee we'll end up joking and making fun of random things. I'm also very fond of discussion, I can really get into a good descussion given a willing sparring partner.
I LOVE reading, when I have enough spare time I'll devour any book I might find that looks interesting, though usually I'm so bogged down with schoolwork, thesis, assorted projects that I'll probably only get some good reading done edgewise while at the same time reading technical stuff like text books, manuals, articles,etc.
I tend to have a plan in everything I do, I'm very strategic in that sense... If some friends and I are organizing an outing to the beach, I'm the one making sure everybody's on board the day before, making sure we've got everything we need (food, parasols, transportation, etc.), if there's volley ball courts or something we can rent, I call a week before .. that sort of thing. I probably won't tell anybody what I'm doing or come off as the organizer, I'll just make sure everything's set so we can have a good time, if nobody actually notices, so much the better.
I'm a fast worker, but I tend to think too much. If it's the first time I do something I tend to overanalize... If I'm figuring out a specific problem but find something really interesting that I want to learn while doing it, I'll tend to spend more time on that and might not go back to the original problem until my interest is fully sated
Although I'm not very talkative AT FIRST, I tend to be friendly to everyone I meet, on the grounds that everybody deserves a chance and that I don't want to write anybody off simply on a bad first impression. I'm also extremely honest and very open about the way I talk to people, I WILL tell you I don't like that shirt, your love interest, if I don't like you, if you've said something offensive, etc.
I'm very private and very discrete about personal stuff however, I won't be telling you about problems I may be having unless I trust you completely, I don't brag (I think it's bad taste), I don't discuss work or specific activities unless I'm with people who are involved in said activities, etc.
I'm very loyal and committed to my friends, I'll go out of my way in a heartbeat to help a good friend, but I tend to choose who my friends are very carefully. I have maybe 5 people who I consider my closest friends, an assortment of people I know are reliable and trustworthy based on past experience, work and otherwise, and a lot of acquaintances.
I guess one of my biggest flaws is that I can be very insensitive. It's not that I'm callous, I just don't like drama.
Wow, THAT's a mouthtful xD.

I took that OkCupid test, gotta say I liked it, here's the result:

Your result for The Golden Compass daemon Test ...
Opinionated Soul

You are a confident and talkative personality. Occasionally people are hurt by the jokes you make, or the things you say. If they are, though, they should tell you. You would tell them. You don't like passive aggressive people who get upset or hurt but then don't say anything - instead mentioning it to a friend of yours later, or in a blog post or email. You have no patience for this kind of behaviour. If someone says something that offends you, you tell them, and you would expect the same courtesy in return.

Your loved ones know that you are not as callous as some people think you are. In fact, you don't like truly cruel people, and you are quick to defend underdogs. You are simply open about your opinions, and you enjoy a good joke. You don't want to have to - and shouldn't have to - alter or moderate your behaviour just because somebody touchy is in the room.

You love to spend time with your friends, but you are selective about who you call "friend". You don't have much patience with most people. The people whom you admit to your inner circle are people whom you can respect, and who are able to deal with your quick temper and brash humour.

Your daemon's form would represent your confident, impatient nature, and your opinionated ways. He or she would probably enjoy sparring verbally with you, and would make jokes in your ear at other people's expense.

Suggested forms: Blue Jay, Terrier, Go-Away Bird, Turaco, Mockingbird, Amazon Parrot.

Hell, I'd definitely enjoy a a mokingbird on my shoulder who constantly discussed anything with me and made offhand comments about everything, that sounds sort of like me xD.
VMLM3
Zalif

Postby LadyHawke » Mon May 18, 2009 11:34 am

Where is the test?

I took a spirit journey long ago to discover my totem, which is the same thing as a daemon. I am not sure how accurate those tests are, seein as we don't always see ourselves as we truly are, and we would describe ourselves in ways that others mite not. I was into shamanism, and took the journey when my daemon wudda 'settled', and I know it to be the falcon. I remember I wanted something else at first, but now I cuddn't be more content.
_./'\._¸¸.•¤**¤•.¸.•¤**¤**'
*•. . •*** LadyHawke **`
/.•*•.\ ¸..•¤**¤•., .•¤**¤•*

If you're goin thru hell, the LAST thing you wanna do is stop.....

ImageMy daemon, Ayden.
LadyHawke
Armoured Bear

Postby VMLM3 » Tue May 19, 2009 1:36 am

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/6635779265 ... d%C3%A6mon

there you go. It's a bit long, and I have no idea just how accurate it actually is xD. My theory is it's not accurate at all, it'll just spew out something based on your interpretation of the questions and you'll see just how well it fits your self image.

Pretty damn fun xD.
VMLM3
Zalif

Postby kaoshoneybun » Tue May 19, 2009 9:46 am

I got a rabbit on hat test and the personality description was v.accurate!
Which is more than can be said of the official Golden Compass test when their website was running which kept giving me various cats and monkeys.
Children of the future age,
Reading this indignant page,
Know that in a former time
Love, sweet love, was thought a crime.

William Blake, A Little Girl Lost
kaoshoneybun
Gyptian

Postby LadyHawke » Tue May 19, 2009 12:20 pm

I took the test, came out as a gecko or something, but I also didn't really have a good answer to some of the questions. One, for instance, was I only had 2 choices, one was a world where everyone worshiped and adorned me (NO WAY) or a world where I and I alone could smack someone.(ANOTHER BIG NO WAY) Those kind of questions didn't give me an answer I liked, and some of the questions were even murkier for me. I never liked any kind of test like that. Like the ones in the magazine, 'Are you in love?" I mean, would I need a test to tell me that?

BUT- I DID read the 'peregrin falcon' personality on the site, and THAT fit me to a 'T'. Kinda creepy, actually, how spot on it was..... :shifty: And just to make sure it wasn't me in denial about myself, I described it to hubby and he agreed it fit like a glove. Funny, the bobcat one fit him, too.....
*•. . •*** LadyHawke **`

ImageMy daemon, Ayden.
LadyHawke
Armoured Bear

Postby VMLM3 » Tue May 19, 2009 4:22 pm

HOw did you read the other descriptions? Did you retake the test?
VMLM3
Zalif

Postby kaoshoneybun » Wed May 20, 2009 8:10 am

LadyHawke wrote:One, for instance, was I only had 2 choices, one was a world where everyone worshiped and adorned me (NO WAY) or a world where I and I alone could smack someone.(ANOTHER BIG NO WAY)

I had the same qualms about this!! Was shouting at the computer LOL
Children of the future age,
Reading this indignant page,
Know that in a former time
Love, sweet love, was thought a crime.

William Blake, A Little Girl Lost
kaoshoneybun
Gyptian

Postby LadyHawke » Thu May 21, 2009 4:25 pm

At least I'm not the only one that shouts at the computer..... :lol:

HOw did you read the other descriptions? Did you retake the test?

Here is the link to check out the personality profiles. I looked up 'quick analyses,' but there are more in-depth descriptions as well.

http://daemonpage.com/analyses.php

Naw, I ent much for tests. :wink:
*•. . •*** LadyHawke **`

ImageMy daemon, Ayden.
LadyHawke
Armoured Bear

Return to “%s” General His Dark Materials Talk