The Republic of Heaven

Alex Rider (SOME SPOILERS)

Talk about other books here

Alex Rider (SOME SPOILERS)

Postby The Chosen Boy » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:28 pm

Who here reads the Alex Rider books?

The sixth one was a teensy-bit disappointing. Almost everyone thought that Scorpia was the last book, and they just thought, "Well thats the Alex Rider series done." But then I came across Ark Angel in Waterstones and I felt utterly surprised and I wondered, "Didn't Alex die in the last book?!" I then bought it and read it, and it definitely could be better. I hope the next book (Horowitz said the series wouldn't end until Alex's 15th birthday) would be a bit better.

By the way, Stormbreaker is being made into a film. This boy called Alex Pettyfer is playing Alex is not due till around 2007.[/b]
And God came from the heavens, and He said unto the chicken, "Thou shalt cross the road." And the chicken crossed the road, and there was much rejoicing.

The Touch of God.
The Chosen Boy
Grazer

Postby Jez » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:56 pm

I've read all of them. I've a feeling that I shouldn't read them because they're aimed at teenage boys... :shifty: But I did enjoy them a lot. It's just like James Bond with a teenage hero really. The plots are ridiculous, the villains always want to destroy the world, or England or something, and there's even a female character called Sabina Pleasure. :roll: But they're fun.

I thought Scorpia was the last book as well. I was sure Alex had died at the end of it, so I was surprised to see Ark Angel on the shelves. I liked all the books. I won't be going to see the film though because it will no doubt be some crap like Spy Kids or whatever it's called.
Jez
Absolutely Uncertain

Postby Savvy » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:47 pm

My friend lent me the books, and really love them. Though, the spying-related aspect reminds me of Bond, but Alex is oh-so-much better than Bond.

It's interesting to note how he's always narrowing escaping, though he has gotten hurt a couple of times and on the verge of death. Reading the books gave me an adrenaline rush, because they're just so action packed and extremely exciting. :D

I look forward to the next book coming out soon, Snakehead. Hurray!
Savvy
Grazer

Postby Blossom » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:31 pm

I was about to pre-order Snakehead from amazon, but they only seem to have it in hardback, with an April release date for the paperback. I'm positive that i bought each book from eagle strike onwards at the time of their release and i have them all in paperback. I don't think I've ever even seen a hardback edition. Am i right?

Seems that they're trying to make the fans who will want it straight away buy a hardback at extra cost. I'm already annoyed that they came up with whole new cover designs half way though the series, they don't match! But then to try to make us buy a hardback is going to far. *grumbles*

Anyone know what it's going to be about?
Blossom
Brigade Leader

Postby Jaya » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:58 pm

An Alex Rider book in hardback? Paperbook not out til April? :/ Preposterous. What's going on?
"To him whose elastic and vigorous thought keeps pace with the sun, the day is a perpetual morning."
-Henry David Thoreau

ImageImageImageImageImage
Jaya
Je ne suis pas une sraffie.

Alex Rider-SnakeHead

Postby kezmondo » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:52 pm

Anthony Horowitz' new book came out today, over in the UK anyway, called Snakehead. Just thought any Alex Rider fans would want to know this.
Hush, the babies are sleeping, the farmers, the fishers, the tradesmen and pensioners, cobbler, schoolteacher, postman and publican, the undertaker and the fancy woman, drunkard, dressmaker, preacher, policeman, the webfoot cocklewomen and the tidy wives. Young girls lie bedded soft or glide in their dreams, with rings and trousseaux, bridesmaided by glowworms down the aisles of the organplaying wood.

::Under Milk Wood by Dylan Thomas::
kezmondo
Gallivespian Spy

Postby Ian » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:59 pm

Oh yes, I'd forgotten about this... Maybe I should try and get hold of a copy. Wonder where is selling it cheapest...
We must build the republic of heaven in our world...

Is this heaven?...No, it's Iowa

I sell discount books, so sue me

Times are tight, and starting a band is good way to kill some time until the economy picks up
Ian
The Frog Prince

Postby AUST » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:30 pm

Grew out of him a while ago-after Arc Angel. Ruined the serise for me did that.
My Spelling is wobberly. I get all the right letters but they wobble and end up in the wrong order
AUST
Witch

Re: Alex Rider-SnakeHead

Postby Silversnake » Fri May 09, 2008 7:52 pm

I read it, wasnt the best, but still a good buy
Spoiler:
Nothing to see here move along, no seriously. Is my signature THAT exciting?! IS IT!??!! Heheh... You can go away now... Seriously... Hey... I wonder how long a asignature can be, as long as its in spoiler tags... Im gonna find out... But I need to write somthing in the mean time... Well here is a piece of information I found about duck, YAAAY DUCKS:
Duck is the common name for a number of species in the Anatidae family of birds. The ducks are divided between several subfamilies listed in full in the Anatidae article. Ducks are mostly aquatic birds, mostly smaller than their relatives the swans and geese, and may be found in both fresh water and sea water.

Ducks are sometimes confused with several types of unrelated water birds with similar forms, such as loons or divers, grebes, gallinules, and coots.
Hehehe, now back to my signature. Well I have nothing more to say. I hope you enjoyed reading this you nosy person you.
Silversnake
Zalif

Return to “%s” Other Books