The Republic of Heaven

Would you read a pink book?

Talk about other books here

Re: Would you read a pink book?

Postby aklebury » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:53 am

Mary Doria Russell writes (or at least has written) sci-fi which has been critically acclaimed, namely 'The Sparrow' and 'Child of God'- although the main character in both books is male.

As a guy I would find reading a pink book a little weird - not so much because it was pink, but because I'd worry about people's reactions to seeing me reading said book. But it would depend on where i was reading it as well - I wouldn't care about reading it in front of family or friends, only really people I don't know who may judge me for reading a pink book.
Which makes me wonder why I even care what people I don't even know think about me. I guess it's just the culture that I (and the majority of other people were raised in/live in), pink is a seen as a colour which relates to girls and dolls and all that sort of stuff and boys who associate themselves with the colour are percieved as effeminate or gay.
"It was evening all afternoon.
It was snowing
And it was going to snow."
aklebury
Angel

Re: Would you read a pink book?

Postby Jez » Sat May 10, 2008 5:07 pm

Yeah, I remember at least one pink book I've read - Stargirl. But I imagine that most books with pink covers are probably going to be chick lit or aimed at girls anyway, so that might put people off...
Jez
Absolutely Uncertain

Return to “%s” Other Books