The Republic of Heaven

approving posts

Let us know what's on your mind - issues on both the forum and the main site can be raised here.

approving posts

Postby Valrad » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:53 pm

Is it really necessary? Most of the boards I visit do not have this feature, which is more of a hindrance anyway. There are rules meant to prevent faulty posts, so waiting for mods to approve posts is only slowing the process and may discourage the creation of posts.
Valrad
Grazer

Re: approving posts

Postby Jaya » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:30 pm

Hi Valrad,

Only your first few posts on the forum will need to be approved. Once it’s ascertained that you’re not a spammer, then you’ll be able to post away at your heart’s content without anyone’s approval!

Despite our security measures, we do get a lot of spam on the forum, some of which is very unsuitable considering the age of our younger visitors – we realise it may be annoying to wait for your posts to be approved when you first join, but unfortunately it is necessary, so please be patient! The forum moderators do check all the posts that are waiting to be approved on a daily basis, so it shouldn’t take long for any of your posts to be visible.
"To him whose elastic and vigorous thought keeps pace with the sun, the day is a perpetual morning."
-Henry David Thoreau

ImageImageImageImageImage
Jaya
Je ne suis pas une sraffie.

Postby zemarl » Sat May 14, 2011 6:36 pm

i for one am really glad we have this rule in place.. have you seen the members list lately? :evil:
i wear purple for my daddy
zemarl
I ATE'NT DEAD

Location: the library of unseen university (dimension unknown)

Postby Peter » Sun May 15, 2011 12:38 pm

Every so often I clean it. With bleach.
Peter
Not an endangered species

Return to “%s” Problems, Suggestions, FAQ