The Republic of Heaven

Wiki

Let us know what's on your mind - issues on both the forum and the main site can be raised here.

Wiki

Postby adamcox82 » Sat May 14, 2011 5:03 pm

Hi, I'm Adam and I'm an administrator at the HDM Wikia. I got a message from one of your global mods, and though I'd make a quick post here.

I understand BttS has moved to new ownership, and I wondered if there were any plans to re-launch the wiki attached to the site? I was surprised not to find a link to it anymore, and when I visited it today it seems it's been systematically vandalised for quite some time. All new pages created since 26 November 2009 were just spam, and need to be deleted.

All of the staff and users from the wiki seem to have disappeared, and I don't know if any of the current site admins have access to the wiki? Also it seems the custom skin has been lost or damaged; here's an example of how it used to look. Anyway, I'd be happy to discuss options for restoring or preserving the wiki and its information. I hate to see past work go to waste and be forgotten like this :(
adamcox82
Grazer

Re: Wiki

Postby Jaya » Sun May 15, 2011 1:38 pm

Hi Adam,

Yes, BttS is under new pwnership. Currently, we've taken the wiki link down from the homepage. However, our intention is not to leave it forgotten! Because it's such a big job, we want to get the rest of the site back up-to-date first, and then focus on getting the wiki cleaned up and back up and useful. We messaged you because we were wondering if we could direct people to the hdm wikia while our own wiki was down (and send people who visit hdm wikia our way if they want to know/discuss more). Do not worry! All our wiki information is preserved, it's just such a mess that we're going to wait awhile before we attempt to tackle it. But rest assured, we will not see the work go to waste and be forgotten.

If you'd like, I could e-mail you once we get round to putting the wiki back up - so you can offer your services! If you want to talk about speeding up the process, drop me and Dawn a line at webmaster@bridgetothestars.net.
"To him whose elastic and vigorous thought keeps pace with the sun, the day is a perpetual morning."
-Henry David Thoreau

ImageImageImageImageImage
Jaya
Je ne suis pas une sraffie.

Return to “%s” Problems, Suggestions, FAQ