The Republic of Heaven

Heeylooo x)

New members: please feel free to introduce yourselves here. Older members: feel free to make random greetings

Heeylooo x)

Postby snowberry » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:57 pm

Soo.. Basically I'm in love with this series. Seriously.
I've done like three projects on it.. heehee:)
Anyways I found this site and liked it alot, so here I am.
Oh. By the way, I'm Sarena :)
And I'm thirteen years old. How old are the rest of you? Juust wondering...
yeah. I don't know what else to write here. I like birds and shiny things and unicorns and fluffy one-eyed monsters and clams and yeeah.
Meeeep.
snowberry
Grazer

Re: Heeylooo x)

Postby Secret Someone » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:51 pm

Hey Sarena :)

I'm glad you found us. I hope you enjoy your stay here! I'm Nikki. :)

As for ages... I think there's a reasonable range. Some of the 'oldies' have been here since they were about your age, I think, and have pretty much grown up here, so I'm sure that regardless of their ages they'll be thrilled to have you here. I'm 21, and I think a lot of the others are in their 20s, but age doesn't really matter. We like HDM fans!

I am also a fan of shiny things and birds, by the way. Do you birdwatch? It's my favourite way to waste time. :D

If you need a hand with anything forum-related, we have various FAQs, but feel free to contact a mod if it'll make stuff easier. Nice to 'meet' you. :)
"There will always be women in rubber flirting with me!"

Secret Someone
Gallivespian Spy

Postby bee » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:45 am

Hi Sarena. I like that name. :)

I'm a fan of raptors (the birds, not the dinosaurs, although dinosaurs are cool too). I'm learning to love smaller birds more too though, as my neighbours pour about 20 pounds of birdseed into their yard each day, which means I'm learning about all sorts of new birds.

What were the projects you did on the series?

Did you just read the series for the first time? (Or if not, when did you first read it?)
ImageImageImage
Best Newbie (Sraffie Awards 2008)
Best Dressed Sraffie (Sraffie Awards 2009)

"There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved." (Charles Darwin, "On the Origin of Species")
bee
HoneyPie

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby AlexSP » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:48 pm

soon, very soon.

THE FOURTEENER THE BETTER
There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious—makes you so sick at heart—that you can't take part. You can't even passively take part. And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all
AlexSP
Invincible Starlight

AOL: ARosecatcher

Postby snowberry » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:13 am

By liking birds I meant I have two fluffy winged creatures who tend to eat my homework.
What I should have said was that I like to read, write poetry, draw anime and play the guitar. Oh and I'm writing a book.

Thanks Nikki, and you're right, age doesn't matter.
Regrettably never tried birdwatching though.. ><

Wow, 20 pounds of birdseed? That's alot... And the projects were something about making a book-cover and writing a synopsis, and something about writing a review and I wrote a play about it for fun in grade five. But no one else understood it so I stopped xD And yeah I've read the first two books 4 times each, and the third 3 times.
How about you?

And Alex (I'm guessing that's your name) I'm guessing you're fourteen...

Tell me about yourselves ^ ^ I'm curious to meet the people I'm gonna be "discussing" with.
snowberry
Grazer

Postby bee » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:28 am

snowberry wrote:By liking birds I meant I have two fluffy winged creatures who tend to eat my homework.

What kind do you have?

snowberry wrote:And Alex (I'm guessing that's your name) I'm guessing you're fourteen...

Don't mind Alex. ;) He's just one of those crazy folks on the internet your parents warn you about.
ImageImageImage
Best Newbie (Sraffie Awards 2008)
Best Dressed Sraffie (Sraffie Awards 2009)

"There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved." (Charles Darwin, "On the Origin of Species")
bee
HoneyPie

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby bethanwy » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:34 am

Hey Sarena, welcome to the forum. :)
bethanwy
COVERED IN BEES

Postby Aletheia Dolorosa » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:06 pm

Welcome to the forum, Sarena!

snowberry wrote:Tell me about yourselves ^ ^ I'm curious to meet the people I'm gonna be "discussing" with.

Well, I'm Ronni, I'm 26 years old and have been on this forum...forever. I'm from Australia, but now I live in Cambridge in the United Kingdom because I'm doing a PhD there (on medieval Irish literature, which basically means I write about things in languages no one's ever heard of). I also work in a library and write book reviews for newspapers (mainly about YA literature).

I first read HDM when I was about your age (except that The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass hadn't been written yet and I had to wait a few years to find out what happened in the story). I love books, music, TV shows, movies and the internet, and you can usually find me shouting IN CAPS about them somewhere.

Nice to meet you!
'There are few things in this world that couldn't be improved by adding vampires to them.' - Scott Westerfeld
ImageImage
ImageImage
More melodrama/Even more melodrama/Sexiest Female Sraffie, Best Signature, Cam Whore, 2008 Sraffie Awards
Avatar from Scandinavia and the World
Aletheia Dolorosa
Wednesday's Child

Postby snowberry » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:47 am

two lovebirds.
and yes that's very reassuring bee :)

thank youu!

thanks Ronni, and it's nice to meet you!that sounds pretty cool.. Irish...
snowberry
Grazer

Return to “%s” Newbie Welcome Board