The Republic of Heaven

Hey everyone

New members: please feel free to introduce yourselves here. Older members: feel free to make random greetings

Hey everyone

Postby Dragon_Eyes » Tue May 17, 2011 7:26 am

I'm Eden and I've been a fan of His Dark Materials for a few years now. I'm new here and thought I'd say hi to everyone :)
Dragon_Eyes
Grazer

Re: Hey everyone

Postby Jaya » Tue May 17, 2011 1:51 pm

Hello, Eden. Welcome to the forum! Feel free to tell us more about yourself - where are you from, how old are you, which is your favourite of the trilogy and why did you start reading the books?
"To him whose elastic and vigorous thought keeps pace with the sun, the day is a perpetual morning."
-Henry David Thoreau

ImageImageImageImageImage
Jaya
Je ne suis pas une sraffie.

Postby bee » Tue May 17, 2011 5:50 pm

Hello! Welcome. Do tell more about yourself. :) We love new fans (or old fans who are new here!)
ImageImageImage
Best Newbie (Sraffie Awards 2008)
Best Dressed Sraffie (Sraffie Awards 2009)

"There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved." (Charles Darwin, "On the Origin of Species")
bee
HoneyPie

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby Dragon_Eyes » Wed May 18, 2011 7:43 am

Well I'm from Pennsylvania, which is in the United States and I've lived in Pennsylvania my whole life. It's nice here, but my town is boring. There really isn't much to do here. I'm 22 and I'm a writer. I've been writing for 10 years now and it's really what I love to do. It's my passion.

I also like to play video games (I'm a bit of an addict I suppose haha) and I'm always reading a book. I love going to the library to find new books to read and I enjoy traveling, although I haven't done much of it lately.
I'm also an animal lover and currently I have four Syrian hamsters and two male betta fish.

I don't really have a favorite book in the His Dark Materials trilogy. I really love the whole trilogy.
I've had the books since I was 13 because my mom had bought them for me for Christmas. I don't know why, but I never read them. It was after I saw the movie in theaters that I got interested in reading the books. So one day I sat down, started reading them and have been a fan ever since. And I borrowed all the books my library had by Philip Pullman after reading His Dark Materials. He really is a wonderful author.
Dragon_Eyes
Grazer

Postby zemarl » Thu May 19, 2011 4:24 pm

hello eden, and welcome! out of curiousity, what did you think of the film?
libraries, travelling, and animals, eh... all tremendously worthwhile interests. you probably don't need to be told not to trod on the daffodils.
i wear purple for my daddy
zemarl
I ATE'NT DEAD

Location: the library of unseen university (dimension unknown)

Postby Dragon_Eyes » Fri May 20, 2011 4:27 am

I liked the movie. I thought it was good and thought the actors/actresses that were pick were good choices.

But after I read the book it was a bit disappointing that so much was taken out and changed. I still think the movie is good and I enjoy it, but the book is better. I would still like to see The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass as films.
Dragon_Eyes
Grazer

Return to “%s” Newbie Welcome Board