The Republic of Heaven

How now...

New members: please feel free to introduce yourselves here. Older members: feel free to make random greetings

How now...

Postby AncientOfDays » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:36 am

Firstly, I am aware that it is nearly half past one i' the morning. But I careth not for that, for 'tis the summer holidays. Mine A-levels are done, dusted (very cleanly, I must say), and once more I turn my golden eyes to this old Place, wherein I spent good many hours of mine youth: and, lo! for 'tis much changéd! And I, am sure, am changéd with't. University lurketh, and with it a dual degree in History of Art and English (much suited to my personal tastes, I shouldn't wonder).

Secondly, then, dost thou all remember me? How canst thou not, for 'twas I that lurkéd in the now-dead thread of the William Parry auditions, 'twas I who made all manner/manor of strange statements and who, having delusions o' grandeur, forged myself another self that livéd on the Internet, who was named after both a god and a Blake picture. (Go, look to the latter, for 'tis goodly done.) I do hope that thou dost, if thou readst these words, recall my likeness! I am not sure what it is that hath caus'd me to return, perhaps for a short while or perhaps for eternity, for it is like a home to which one always comes back.

Thirdly, I must ask, how are my old friends who too haunted that deceased thread? Thy names are, alas, a little foggy to me, but I think I can recall the names of some: daemon_light? L and M? (If that is spelt right.) Philarmonic? Ah, sweet Memory! Once thou opes thy gates, it all floods forth! Such people, how have your lives gone on in my absence? You mightn't reply, of course, to a person thou hastn't spoke to in around 2 years now, but I would like it! It seems a shame to let such contacts fade, such friends vanish into the wood-work, into the mists and hazes of the twilight, into the dreamy sunlight of a summer day, like dying butterflies in the throes of Death.

Fourthly, I can assure you that I have at least retained some of my idiosyncracies: chiefly, the use of archaisms, a fondness for reverie, a certain literary flair. But to th' mix thou canst add a newfound morbidity (which usually manifests itself in references to coffins, skulls, Gothic literature and architecture, crows, owls, taxidermy and moon-light). I hope this message does not strike you as odd, for I do wonder/wander if many people do return here once they have left/right/write. :)
"This is ridiculous!"
"This, madam, is Versailles..."
AncientOfDays
Gallivespian Spy

Re: How now...

Postby AncientOfDays » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:32 pm

:o What? This has been moved to the Newbie Welcome Board? But I'm not new! I swear! So you don't remember me after all? :(
"This is ridiculous!"
"This, madam, is Versailles..."
AncientOfDays
Gallivespian Spy

Re: How now...

Postby Jaya » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:23 pm

We do, but even re-newbie threads go in the newbie forum! Welcome back!
"To him whose elastic and vigorous thought keeps pace with the sun, the day is a perpetual morning."
-Henry David Thoreau

ImageImageImageImageImage
Jaya
Je ne suis pas une sraffie.

Return to “%s” Newbie Welcome Board