The Republic of Heaven

Howdy!

New members: please feel free to introduce yourselves here. Older members: feel free to make random greetings

Howdy!

Postby monkeybutter » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:09 pm

Hi, I'm monkeybutter and I found my way over here from Mark Reads! I'm glad to have another place to talk about HDM with spoilers and more fans of the series who have different perspectives on the books. I also really like BTTS's site design. It's cozy!

I first read HDM 4-5 years ago during a YA phase. After years of blowing off young adult books as silly wastes of time (and ugh, they're popular, they can't possibly be good) I was thrilled to be proven wrong about the genre. I loved how creative, well-thought out, and relevant to the real world, historically and currently, HDM is, though I do have a few quibbles with the series. Unfortunately, I went through the books quickly and read Against the Day just after finishing HDM, and details from the books got scrambled in my mind. Rereading with Mark is refreshing my memories, and I'm enjoying the books even more this time around. I look forward to poking around your site and forums for even more insight!
monkeybutter
Grazer

Re: Howdy!

Postby Peter » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:56 pm

Welcome to the forum! There's lots to see here, so why not have a look around :)
Peter
Not an endangered species

Postby Jaya » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:23 pm

Howdy, monkeybutter! May I ask why you're called monkeybutter?

Like Peter said, have a nose around! I hope you'll take part in our MarkReads threads :)
"To him whose elastic and vigorous thought keeps pace with the sun, the day is a perpetual morning."
-Henry David Thoreau

ImageImageImageImageImage
Jaya
Je ne suis pas une sraffie.

Postby monkeybutter » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:41 pm

Haha, sure. It's a nonsensical, funny-sounding phrase that I've had in the back of my head for the longest time, and I don't know how it got planted there. The earliest possibility I can find is in a Daily Show skit about the Emmy's from 2003, and Colbert did a bit with it later -- I don't know what means, but it sounds filthy and it should be stopped -- but I swear I had heard it when I was younger than that. In any case, I love Stephen Colbert with all my heart, so it seems appropriate for me! When I finally decided to stop lurking on MRHP, the names I usually use on the internet were already taken on buzznet, so I went with monkeybutter and I stuck with it when Mark moved to wordpress just to be consistent. There are other monkeybutters out there, so I'm pretty unoriginal when it comes to user names!
monkeybutter
Grazer

Postby bethanwy » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:14 am

Welcome to the forum. :)
bethanwy
COVERED IN BEES

Return to “%s” Newbie Welcome Board