The Republic of Heaven

LO: LO's Secrets

Discuss the companion books of the HDM trilogy: Lyra's Oxford and Once Upon a Time in the North.

LO: LO's Secrets

Postby Lord Boreal » Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:56 pm

I don't know if this was discussed before, I'm relatively new here... But I noticed that there are quite a few hidden details like the book written by Mrs. Coulter and the other one written by the Palmerian Professor. Has anyone else found some other details like these?
Behold! The real Svalbard with the famous Northern Lights!
Lord Boreal
Grazer

Re: LO's Secrets

Postby Enitharmon » Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:13 pm

Lord Boreal wrote:I don't know if this was discussed before, I'm relatively new here... But I noticed that there are quite a few hidden details like the book written by Mrs. Coulter and the other one written by the Palmerian Professor. Has anyone else found some other details like these?

Lots of them. Nicholas Outram (PP's middle names) for example. (Palladio's Quattro Libri exist in our universe too, they are a seminal work on architecture).

I won't spoil things by listing them all, because that would deny you the pleasure of discovering them. Google is a good place to start - and learn all about Joscelyn Godwin and Athanasius Kircher!
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by the age of eighteen (Albert Einstein)
The Book of Enitharmon
Currently reading: Vanity Fair by William M Thackeray
Enitharmon
Ageing Drama Queen

Yahoo Messenger: swanofkennet
AOL: SwanOfKennet

Postby Lord Boreal » Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:54 pm

Enitharmon wrote:Lots of them. Nicholas Outram (PP's middle names) for example. (Palladio's Quattro Libri exist in our universe too, they are a seminal work on architecture).

I won't spoil things by listing them all, because that would deny you the pleasure of discovering them. Google is a good place to start - and learn all about Joscelyn Godwin and Athanasius Kircher!

Thanks a lot! I'll start searching right away! I guess there's a bit more to LO than that short story...
Lord Boreal
Grazer

Postby Enitharmon » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:52 pm

Lord Boreal wrote:Thanks a lot! I'll start searching right away! I guess there's a bit more to LO than that short story...

This is what I keep saying to people who think LO was a disappointment. It's no accident that I have passed on my HDM volumes now, but have retained my LO!

And look what happens between Famagusta and Latakia ;)
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by the age of eighteen (Albert Einstein)
The Book of Enitharmon
Currently reading: Vanity Fair by William M Thackeray
Enitharmon
Ageing Drama Queen

Yahoo Messenger: swanofkennet
AOL: SwanOfKennet

Postby Lord Boreal » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:59 pm

Enitharmon wrote:This is what I keep saying to people who think LO was a disappointment. It's no accident that I have passed on my HDM volumes now, but have retained my LO!

And look what happens between Famagusta and Latakia ;)

I'll start reading LO again to catch all of the details... But I don't think I would ever have the heart to pass on my HDM volumes! I guess I'm too sentimental :lol:
Lord Boreal
Grazer

Postby HDMFAN4LIFE » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:01 pm

i no this is gonna sound stupid but who is Joscelyn Godwin and Athanasius Kircher because i have never heard of them.
A book written by Mrs Coulter , why don't i remember that??
~I can't change who I am. Not this time, I won't lie to keep you near me and in this short life there's no time to waste on giving up. My love wasn't enough!- Lacrymosa, Evanescence.

*Said calmly* I love HDM....WOOT!!!!!!!!!
HDMFAN4LIFE
Grazer

Return to “%s” Companion Books