The Republic of Heaven

What happened to other knife bearers?

Discuss the second book of the trilogy

Postby Undestined » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:37 am

I was having the same idea, so at least we can both be stupid.
(The Sraffie Formerly Known as Zodiac)
Undestined
Armoured Bear

Postby Aurone » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:18 am

Here's my question, was that really the only subtle knife made? I persionally wonder if 1 knife could make as many open windows as there where that was draining the dust. Granted 300 years is a long time, but still.
Aurone
Gallivespian Spy

Postby Vicinity of Obscenity » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:25 am

Aurone wrote:Here's my question, was that really the only subtle knife made? I persionally wonder if 1 knife could make as many open windows as there where that was draining the dust. Granted 300 years is a long time, but still.

Answering that question....I don't remember a line in the book saying only one knife...but if we go by multiple worlds, it's possible that an infinite number of knives were created, but considering the fact that you don't run across one everyday I would have to say very few were made.

And on to healing...since the Cittigazze people depended so much on other worlds....I would have to say the knife bearers simply cut to worlds with cars and took their cigarette lighters to cauterize their wounds. :D
I feel refreshed now that my eyes aren't exploding out of their sockets!
HORRAY Beer!
Vicinity of Obscenity
Angel

Postby daemonpurra » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:58 am

Wait can't write it anymore cause some other people said it... filthies.... what I said no such things... Yeah if you though it over you could definately just accidentally cut to Lyras world while looking for help just as easy as any other world. But then again there are, apperantley, millions of other worlds so what are the odds... maybe there is ointment in one of the other worlds, too. :lecture: Sorry to sound like a genious [ though I am]
Mrs. Coulter sounds like a sexy criminal mastermind
daemonpurra
Gyptian

Postby Dark Sentry » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:35 am

Well if they were always going for bloodmoss from L-world then the panserbjorn would know about it and Iorek being the king for a time would have also known and therefore not been so surprissed when he saw the knife for the first time....... Also I think that normal bloodmoss wouldn't have worked since the ointment John Parry made would have been stronger, Also just off topic for a second, If there was an infinite number of worlds each being created by a decision or event there would be MANY in which Lyra and Will stayed together and Will continued cutting through worlds, leaking Dust and creating Specters..... So how would ANYTHING they did in the end (selflessness ect.) have affected the Dust flow in general?

Maybe I should make a topic >_>
Dark Sentry
Grazer

Re: What happened to other knife bearers?

Postby FAAboy » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:31 pm

i almost lost the tips of two fingers in an iceskating accident they were hanging off by a bit of gristle....................loverly :D
Manus Hoec Inimica Tyrannis
FAAboy
Grazer

Re: What happened to other knife bearers?

Postby daemonpurra » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:20 am

dude what the hell?
did you try to cut into other worlds though
no
loverly yourself
Mrs. Coulter sounds like a sexy criminal mastermind
daemonpurra
Gyptian

Return to “%s” The Subtle Knife