The Republic of Heaven

The Ending of the Subtle Knife

Discuss the second book of the trilogy

Re: The Ending of the Subtle Knife

Postby Jaya » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:53 am

jessia wrote:
Aletheia Dolorosa wrote:When I read NL, I had to wait about a year before TSK came out. Then I had to wait another two years, I think, before TAS was published.

it was way more than two years. i remember this specifically.

did people do crazy midnight line-ups for book releases like harry potter... before harry potter?

No. Although some of us did stand, twitching, outside bookshops at 8am to get the books that they wanted to read which were being released as soon as they opened. :shifty:
"To him whose elastic and vigorous thought keeps pace with the sun, the day is a perpetual morning."
-Henry David Thoreau

ImageImageImageImageImage
Jaya
Je ne suis pas une sraffie.

Re: The Ending of the Subtle Knife

Postby jpaul » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:10 am

If I don't have The Amber Spyglass on hand right after I read The Subtle Knife, I'll probably be mad. But since I have it, I didn't care much about the ending.
jpaul
Grazer

Re:

Postby Halo Nerd » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:02 pm

aklebury wrote:It didn't make me mad, but it certainly made me impatient for TAS...
I didn't have the luxury of simply pulling it off the bookshelf - because I got TSK as soon as it was released I had to wait ages for TAS to come out

Hahaha I got into HDM late so I bought the whole collection in one book. I had no wait at all. I didn't even go to my bookshelf, I just flipped to the next page.
Halo Nerd
Grazer

Return to “%s” The Subtle Knife