The Republic of Heaven

Your favourite actor?

Questions about Anything Non-HDM

Postby Riali » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:22 am

Well they pretty much took it over, and made it look all old west'ish, (as opposed to just shoddy and sort of pathetic), so yes it was a big deal when it was happening.
But as far as I know no tourists have come because of it. The scenery is spectacular, so of course we get tourists in the area because of that, but I dont think anyone really knows that it is where the movie was... And if they go to the actual town (village), well, they can eat at the tiny restaurant next to the post office (if it happens to be thurs-sat, 5-10 pm) and get some gas at Rennie's gas station, and look at the windmills on the hill, (they took them out with computers for the movie, but they're there in real life) but besides that, theres nothing there.
"A Revolution without dancing is a Revolution not worth having."
Riali
Witch

Postby Aletheia Dolorosa » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:02 am

Well, I guess that's a good thing. One of the major Australian soap series, Neighbours, is shot in a street in Melbourne where people actually live, and the residents have heaps of trouble going about their daily lives because busloads of tourists keep invading their street. It must be hellish!
'There are few things in this world that couldn't be improved by adding vampires to them.' - Scott Westerfeld
ImageImage
ImageImage
More melodrama/Even more melodrama/Sexiest Female Sraffie, Best Signature, Cam Whore, 2008 Sraffie Awards
Avatar from Scandinavia and the World
Aletheia Dolorosa
Wednesday's Child

Postby Jaya » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:52 pm

Ramsay St is real? :shock:
"To him whose elastic and vigorous thought keeps pace with the sun, the day is a perpetual morning."
-Henry David Thoreau

ImageImageImageImageImage
Jaya
Je ne suis pas une sraffie.

Postby Peter » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:59 pm

Aletheia Dolorosa wrote:Well, I guess that's a good thing. One of the major Australian soap series, Neighbours, is shot in a street in Melbourne where people actually live, and the residents have heaps of trouble going about their daily lives because busloads of tourists keep invading their street. It must be hellish!

Why? That sounds really stupid! All the major UK soaps are shot on dedicated sets. There's no way the producers could achieve the throughput they need if they were filmed on public streets.
Peter
Not an endangered species

Postby Aletheia Dolorosa » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:02 am

angelofboox wrote:Ramsay St is real?

Yes, but it's not called Ramsay St, it's called something else in real life.
'There are few things in this world that couldn't be improved by adding vampires to them.' - Scott Westerfeld
ImageImage
ImageImage
More melodrama/Even more melodrama/Sexiest Female Sraffie, Best Signature, Cam Whore, 2008 Sraffie Awards
Aletheia Dolorosa
Wednesday's Child

Postby Somewhat » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:49 am

Ah Neighbours. Between you, Chasers and Inspector Rex, you are more or less the entire worthwhile watching on Australian TV.
Sraffie Awards 2008: Sexiest Male Sraffie // Formerly known as moonflash. Avatar courtesy of the lovely Bee.

"Can I make you a sandwich?"
"Okay - but no mayo. And no raisins, or celery. And no peas. No love, no joy, no future. No mushrooms."

- Buttercup Festival
Somewhat
Raustralian

Postby brynjarbjorn » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:17 pm

I can't really decide on any one favorite actor, I have something more like a bunch of very good actors that I worship. :P

Those include: David Thewlis, Jason Isaacs, Gary Oldman, Ian McKellen, Christopher Lee, Johnny Depp, Ewan McGregor, Daniel Craig, Jim Carrey, Robin Williams etc etc - there's just so many of 'em!
brynjarbjorn
Unusual Suspect

Postby Aletheia Dolorosa » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:30 pm

moonflash wrote:Ah Neighbours. Between you, Chasers and Inspector Rex, you are more or less the entire worthwhile watching on Australian TV.

I agree with you about The Chaser, disagree with you about Neighbours, and point out that Inspector Rex is Austrian.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Aletheia Dolorosa
Wednesday's Child

Postby writteninveggies » Wed May 16, 2007 5:18 am

Actress? Sutton Foster. I found myself actually wishing she would mess up a little when I saw The Drowsy Chaperone, but so she could be more...human.

Others: Norbert Leo Butz, Sherie Rene Scott, Ian McKellen, Idina Menzel, Johnny Depp, Nicole Kidman, Reese Witherspoon, Ingrid Bergman, Humphrey Bogart, Joanna Gleason, Hugh Jackman, John Gallagher, Jr, Christopher J. Hanke, etc.

...or were we just talking about film?
writteninveggies
Witch

AOL: writteninveggies

Postby Diolmhain » Wed May 16, 2007 5:11 pm

I like Leornardo De Caprio... He was very good in the departed
totally totally totally
Diolmhain
also available in blue

Postby writteninveggies » Thu May 17, 2007 12:02 am

Diolmhain wrote:I like Leornardo De Caprio... He was very good in the departed

Have you seen What's Eating Gilbert Grape? Definately my favourite performance of his =)
writteninveggies
Witch

AOL: writteninveggies

Postby highandrandom » Thu May 17, 2007 8:25 am

Agreed. I don't really like him, but his performance in 'What's Eating Gilbert Grape?' was spectacular. Though it always cracked me up as a teenager (when Titanic was released) that everyone who had a crush on him was hiring it out. It's an odd thing to be infatuated with your favourite actor when he's playing someone who's mentally impaired.
"Very occassionally, if you really pay attention, life doesn't suck" - Joss Whedon.
highandrandom
Zalif

Postby Aletheia Dolorosa » Thu May 17, 2007 8:34 am

Oh, yes, I remember that. I had a friend who had a particularly bad Leo-crush who made me watch What's Eating Gilbert Grape thousands of times.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Aletheia Dolorosa
Wednesday's Child

Return to “%s” Anything Goes - Questions and Polls