The Republic of Heaven

Bee learns line art

A place for all you creative sraffies to post your stories, songs, poems, and photos

Bee learns line art

Postby bee » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:58 pm

Soooo... I decided to learn how to do more stuff in Photoshop and by that I mean line art, comic book styling, etc.

I'm really happy with the results of my first attempt, so I thought I'd post it. :)

(This is Ron. He is super super into comic books, and also the colour green. Hence him being my first attempt, and the whole thing being super green.)

Edit:

Doing a second one was much easier because I knew the technique and also all the tricks instead of blundering a bit.

Soo... Myself:

(Mine has larger halftone dots...)
ImageImageImage
Best Newbie (Sraffie Awards 2008)
Best Dressed Sraffie (Sraffie Awards 2009)

"There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved." (Charles Darwin, "On the Origin of Species")
bee
HoneyPie

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Re: Bee learns line art

Postby brynjarbjorn » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:01 pm

Ooer! For first-attempts this looks good, Bee.
Could I commission an exercise picture of myself? :)
brynjarbjorn
Unusual Suspect

Postby bee » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:56 pm

Alex has already beat you to it... ;) His is in progress already. I can do yours after that. Give me a picture of yourself that you like (preferably composed mostly of your face, although I can and probably will crop it to suit the finished product. Larger images are better (I zoom in really close and the less pixelation the better). Also, pick what colour you want as a background. And that's about it. :)

Edit: I have finished Alex's!!
ImageImageImage

"There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved." (Charles Darwin, "On the Origin of Species")
bee
HoneyPie

Postby bee » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:33 pm

Double post for new ones:

All right, here we have Bryn and my oldest sister...

I think I'm going to start messing around more with the colouring of the dots.

Bryn, I would like to note that you have awesomely clean lines. You turned out not to be complicated. (Like, Alex and my sister had a lot of complicated lines that I had to take several tries to get to look right.) You had super nice lines... I also picked your background colour at random. I was in an airport with no internet, so I couldn't ask what colour you wanted. It's super easy for me to change, so let me know if you want something else. (It was teal before, but then I made it red...)

ImageImageImage

bee
HoneyPie

Return to “%s” The Artroom