The Republic of Heaven

Dakota in Skins

For debate and discussion of news and current events and other important issues

Dakota in Skins

Postby Kyrillion » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:20 pm

Uh... hi. Not been on here in a while... just thought I'd drop by and let anyone know who might be interested:

Dakota Blue Richards features in the latest generation of the Skins cast. As 'Frankie', an androgenous art-chool-dressing loner. As I gather.

So if you wish to made to feel old by seeing Lyra suddenly grown-up enough to indulge in drug-taking, casual sex and lavish swearing, tune in for the first episode of season 5 on Thursday.

Byee!
Stay out of Camberwick Green.
Kyrillion
Megamouth Sraffie (get custom title)

Re: Dakota in Skins

Postby sfsraffie » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:31 am

:shock:

Emma Watson started her screen career younger than DBR, yet I have no problem lusting after her current self, in large part because it was obvious that she'd be lust-worthy from the start.

With DBR, on the other hand, after seeing TGC, I wanted her to be my little sister. So, no matter how hot/beautiful she may in time become, she might always be a dream younger sister rather than a dream mate to moi. :)
sfsraffie
Gallivespian Spy

Postby kaoshoneybun » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:12 pm

Kyrillion wrote:So if you wish to made to feel old by seeing Lyra suddenly grown-up enough to indulge in drug-taking, casual sex and lavish swearing, tune in for the first episode of season 5 on Thursday.

Lyra's character already got up to all these things! She got drunk and swears at the seamen in Northern Lights and am prettty sure her and Will get up to something in The Amber Spyglass.
Children of the future age,
Reading this indignant page,
Know that in a former time
Love, sweet love, was thought a crime.

William Blake, A Little Girl Lost
kaoshoneybun
Gyptian

Postby AlexSP » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:00 pm

'nuff said.
There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious—makes you so sick at heart—that you can't take part. You can't even passively take part. And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all
AlexSP
Invincible Starlight

AOL: ARosecatcher

Postby Philharmonic » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:23 pm

Urgh, god...

This is something that I always hope will not happen to young actresses, but always inevitably does happen. As a result, I don't know whether I want to watch or not.

Stardate 53476.8. Captain's log. Still won't flush. I'll try again later.
Philharmonic
Angel

Location: Some small corner of a foreign field that is forever England

Postby Soapy » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:41 pm

Oddly enough there was no sex in Ep 1.

I never saw the film so i can just watch Franky as Franky. And hope to the lord god that she turns out to be a proper lezzer.
The Sraffie Formerly Known As hermit
Soapy
President Lesbian

Postby Peter » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:52 am

Soapy wrote:Oddly enough there was no sex in Ep 1.

I never saw the film so i can just watch Franky as Franky. And hope to the lord god that she turns out to be a proper lezzer.

Or an improper one? :D
Peter
Not an endangered species

Postby Soapy » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:13 am

Peter wrote:
Soapy wrote:Oddly enough there was no sex in Ep 1.

Or an improper one? :D

Quite.

Although I more meant that she is accused of being a lesbian because she is square, but I want her to actually turn out to be one.
The Sraffie Formerly Known As hermit
Soapy
President Lesbian

Postby Blossom » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:41 pm

Well I've watched the first two episodes now and I have to say that Dakota is the only decent thing in it. All the other actors are terrible and the stories thus far have been pretty dull. Episode 2 was just awful...I hope she features more in the rest of them.

She looked very cute with the poofy hair ^_^
Blossom
Brigade Leader

Postby Secret Someone » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:14 pm

Episode 2 made me cringe. All the way through.

Dakota seems to be alright in it so far. I'm also hoping she'll turn out to actually be a lesbian, though. Too many heterosexuals in one place is scary. :wink:
"There will always be women in rubber flirting with me!"

Secret Someone
Gallivespian Spy

Postby Jaya » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:41 pm

I half-watched about half of each episode. I think so far Dakota is the best in terms of acting, though that may just be because the others are so wooden...so it's probably not hard. I don't really have any problems seeing her play such a different character to Lyra...she's an actress, and she's growing up.
"To him whose elastic and vigorous thought keeps pace with the sun, the day is a perpetual morning."
-Henry David Thoreau

ImageImageImageImageImage
Jaya
Je ne suis pas une sraffie.

Postby particle23 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:33 pm

I have liked all the series of Skins so far and am just waiting for this series it to all go terribly dark and pear shaped :wink:
"We have to build the Republic of Heaven where we are, because for us, there is no elsewhere."
particle23
Grazer

Postby brieana90 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:37 pm

I also found that Dakota was my favorite part of this new Skins and I like her character a lot. A problem (one of the many actually) that I have with the show is how it focuses so much on relationship issues and abandons the things that I actually liked. You'll have a character dealing with anorexia or being an immigrant and but most of their storyline is about a love triangle. I don't like love triangles anyway, but the ones from Skins are so much worse than normal. They really have a talent for making me eventually dislike every pairing. And from what I've seen so far, every series has a complicated love triangle that most of the characters are involved in.

Anyway, while I'm loving that lesbian tension between Franky and Mini, I'm worried that their storylines are just going to be about that, and Franky's past and hobbies and who she really is is all going to be in the background.
brieana90
Grazer

Return to “%s” The Credibility Gap