The Republic of Heaven

Putting God back in public schools

For debate and discussion of news and current events and other important issues

Postby random guy » Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:32 pm

All_That_Jazz wrote:There was a band at the other highschool in my town that had lyrics or something concerning Bush's assasination. The Secret Service came and investigated it. It was all over the national news. :roll: Wouldn't you think they'd have better things to do with their time?

like actually protecting the 'president'?
King Ogunwe wrote:why hasn't random guy conquered the universe yet?

in time my friend... in time...

a livejournal...
random guy
Spectre

Postby lvfire » Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:59 am

All_That_Jazz wrote:There was a band at the other highschool in my town that had lyrics or something concerning Bush's assasination. The Secret Service came and investigated it. It was all over the national news. :roll: Wouldn't you think they'd have better things to do with their time?

Apparantly thats about 95% of the Secret Services job, no matter how trivial it seems. Guess it gives them something to do with the new guys.
lvfire
Gallivespian Spy

AOL: jsnow1181

Postby Will » Fri Nov 26, 2004 8:31 pm

"Myself and Johnson will be paragliding onto the tanker docked outside Chicago manned by terrorists: work-experience boy, you bust some livejournals."
Q: If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God tell you when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
Pullman: Well, I'm retiring, would you like to take it on ?
Will
Homo Sine Deo

Postby Qu Klaani » Fri Nov 26, 2004 8:50 pm

Apparantly thats about 95% of the Secret Services job, no matter how trivial it seems. Guess it gives them something to do with the new guys.

Is it true about them being in charge of investigating any counterfeiting of the dollar and such?
Qu Klaani
Idi Admin

Postby athalia » Fri Nov 26, 2004 8:52 pm

Will wrote:"Myself and Johnson will be paragliding onto the tanker docked outside Chicago manned by terrorists: work-experience boy, you bust some livejournals."

Lol, talk about a step down from making everybody coffee/tea every day.
Vice President of ARFLSA (Anne Rice Fan Life Saving Alliance)

President of DAKAS (Dragonlance and Krynn Admiration Society) and Queen of KFNWO (Krynn for New World Order)

Anyone want to join?
athalia
Gallivespian Spy

Postby lvfire » Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:19 pm

Qu Klaani wrote:

Is it true about them being in charge of investigating any counterfeiting of the dollar and such?

Yeah very little of the work they do is actually related to close protection.
lvfire
Gallivespian Spy

AOL: jsnow1181

Postby athalia » Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:24 pm

Sounds pretty easy really...infultrating a chat/message board would be the easiest. Wouldn't those kinda peeps be really lonely in the real world then? Makes me feel sorry for them.

President of DAKAS (Dragonlance and Krynn Admiration Society) and Queen of KFNWO (Krynn for New World Order)

Anyone want to join?
athalia
Gallivespian Spy

Postby Huginn » Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:35 pm

Once a former secret service agent who was the parent of one of the kids at school talked about the assassination attempt on Reagan. When he started talking about sizing up people just by looking at them, I had to wonder, "If it's that easy, then why didn't anybody nail the perp before it even happened?"
It just is.
Huginn
Idiocy Reincarnate

AOL: huginn372

Postby athalia » Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:40 pm

What happened to not judging a book by it's cover? A bit obvious if you are about nefarious buisness all dressed up like an extra out of 'Rambo' or [insert steriotypical 'bad guy/girl' here]

Anyone want to join?
athalia
Gallivespian Spy

Postby Huginn » Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:44 pm

In this case, the guy was talking about behavior (or perhaps clothing when it becomes reasonable to wonder whether that big trench coat is really hiding an AK-47). Still, I thought it was more interesting when he talked about flipping Paula Zahn on her back on Air Force One.
It just is.
Huginn
Idiocy Reincarnate

Postby athalia » Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:53 pm

It's amazing what you can hide under thouse big trench coat thingies...anyway, don't 'secret' agent people kinda stand out of the crowd looking all shifty like?

Anyone want to join?
athalia
Gallivespian Spy

Postby Huginn » Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:57 pm

They're Secret Service. Everyone knows they're there. They wear earpiece radios and dark glasses so no one can see where their eyes are looking.
It just is.
Huginn
Idiocy Reincarnate

Postby All_That_Jazz » Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:10 am

I think the Secret Service don't actually investigate things like lj's and highschool bands themselves; people report these things, and the Secret Service is required to look into them. Apparently there are plenty of over-paranoid-loyal-to-the-government types who report things like that quite often. :roll:
Walk into splintered sunlight, inch your way through dead beams to another land...

"May all your trails be crooked, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view; where something strange and more beautiful and more full of wonder than your deepest dreams waits for you."
~Edward Abbey
All_That_Jazz
The Nifty

AOL: amsterz42

Postby Max » Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:53 am

athalia wrote:Sounds pretty easy really...infultrating a chat/message board would be the easiest. Wouldn't those kinda peeps be really lonely in the real world then? Makes me feel sorry for them.

Did you know that the word "truth" is censored (along with "rights" "corruption" and some others) on most Chinese message boards? And you thought not being able to say ~*iguana*~ was bad.
Max
Guardian of the Thesauri

Return to “%s” The Credibility Gap