The Republic of Heaven

TBOD: publication date of book of dust

Discuss general topics related to the series

TBOD: publication date of book of dust

Postby heartandsoul » Sat May 08, 2004 3:56 pm

anyone out there know/have an idea when this hits the shelves?
heartandsoul
Grazer

Postby Tristan » Sat May 08, 2004 3:57 pm

supposedly Pullman started writing it this year, so I would expect it to be released sometime in 2005. There have been no official announcements of a date yet though. We'll let you know as soon as we hear anything.
Tristan
Megamouth Sraffie

Postby HDM Head 24-7 » Sun May 09, 2004 7:20 pm

maybe he might lanuch it around the time of the first movie. so both will get 10 times the amout of publicity
Into this wild abyss, The womb of nature and perhaps her grave, of neither sea, nor shore, nor air, nor fire, But all these in their pregnant causes mixed Confusedly, and which thus must ever fight, Unless the almighty maker them ordain His dark materials to create more worlds, Into this wild abyss the wary fiend Stood on the brink of hell and looked a while, Pondering his voyage...John Milton-Paradise Lost-Book 2
HDM Head 24-7
Gallivespian Spy

Yahoo Messenger: bigforyou85
AOL: svq2

Postby sam » Thu May 20, 2004 1:50 pm

Thats some good business thinking. Yeah it would be more likely to come out around the film release time.
Ergo
sam
Armoured Bear

Postby joris12 » Sun May 23, 2004 1:41 pm

i thought the movie wouldn't be released untill like... 2006 or summat. I mean, they haven't even started casting roles yet.
joris12
Grazer

Postby sam » Sun May 23, 2004 3:24 pm

Yep, a long time to wait kid
Ergo
sam
Armoured Bear

Postby Æsahættr » Mon May 24, 2004 5:52 pm

Damn, that's like forever. Mind you, by then I'll be 18 and I'll be able to go the the premiere. Wearing my BTTS.net T-Shirt, of course. :wink:
"We did the impossible, and that makes us mighty!"

They can't take the sky from us!!!
Æsahættr
Zalif

Postby sam » Mon May 24, 2004 6:00 pm

Lol, 2006 I will be 17, ah, time to complain about how cars are so stupid and the death to all human life and how come it has to be so expensive, arrggghhhh
Ergo
sam
Armoured Bear

Postby eloquent » Mon May 24, 2004 8:29 pm

Have you ever met my car? She's thoroughly charming, and would be very hurt to hear you say such things. It's only when my Dad drives that she becomes a weapon...
eloquent
Professional Delinquent

Postby Asrialys » Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:14 am

Now that's just ridiculous. I can understand that the movies will take a while, but two years for this book? Ok, so maybe it's necessary, but I'm sometimes impatient. I guess I'll have to read the trilogy again just to remember what everything is by that time. Oh well...

Let's hope that it's at least early 2006 (mid-2006 could be tolerable) :roll:
Asrialys
Grazer

AOL: Asrialys

Postby Max » Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:11 am

Don't forget to be thankful that the hoopy frood writes these things at all, kids.

Authors are not to be taken for granted. :wink:
Max
Guardian of the Thesauri

Postby Darragh » Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:43 am

Max wrote:Don't forget to be thankful that the hoopy frood writes these things at all, kids.

Authors are not to be taken for granted. :wink:

He is one hoopy frood alright. Your right as usual max.
Darragh
Entirely Adequate

agree

Postby joeheskett » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:58 pm

i a gree with wat you're all saying, i will only be 14 in 2006, providing its past april or i will be 13 (cause i'm 12 now) and i really like the books, i can keep re-reading and re-reading, they are soo gd!!!

hi, i'm new 2 this place
joeheskett
Grazer

Website: http://groups.msn.com/hogwartsschooluk/welcometohogwarts.msnw
Yahoo Messenger: josephheskett@yahoo.com
AOL: josepheskett

Postby Ian » Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:05 pm

Wow...people sure are excited about getting old. In 2006 I will be 17. Old enough to drive myself to the premiere of the film or the bookshop to buy the Book of Dust, except that the book probably won't be out until late 2007, and who knows about the film?

(I may sound like a peccimist, but I am trying some reverse physchology here, fingers crossed that I am wrong)

We live in hope.
We must build the republic of heaven in our world...

Is this heaven?...No, it's Iowa

I sell discount books, so sue me

Times are tight, and starting a band is good way to kill some time until the economy picks up
Ian
The Frog Prince

Postby DutchCrunch » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:26 am

Ian wrote:Wow...people sure are excited about getting old. In 2006 I will be 17. Old enough to drive myself to the premiere of the film or the bookshop to buy the Book of Dust, except that the book probably won't be out until late 2007, and who knows about the film?

(I may sound like a peccimist, but I am trying some reverse physchology here, fingers crossed that I am wrong)

We live in hope.

I'm almost 20 and still read the books. I even still visit fansites and post posts like this one. I'll probably be able to drive my kids to the premiere when it finally happens in 2012.
DutchCrunch
Witch

Postby manda » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:48 am

2. Thou shalt not Spam, start useless topics, or revive old threads.
Don’t post something that has no point, and don't post just to raise your post count. In the case of old threads (which haven't been posted in for at least two months), you may only add a new post if you have something new to bring to the discussion, or to raise a point that has not already been covered. Do not post just to agree with a previous statement.

In 2012, I will be 17... Sounds so old...
We must build the Republic of Heaven in the dryer...

Bolvangesque: Simplify your mind by cutting away your soul.

"I swear to drunk I'm not God!"
manda
Gallivespian Spy

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow... Where blue birds fly...

Postby Ian » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:21 pm

manda wrote:
The Ten Commandments wrote:2. Thou shalt not Spam, start useless topics, or revive old threads.
Don’t post something that has no point, and don't post just to raise your post count. In the case of old threads (which haven't been posted in for at least two months), you may only add a new post if you have something new to bring to the discussion, or to raise a point that has not already been covered. Do not post just to agree with a previous statement.

In 2012, when our country hosts the glorious olympiad, I shall be 23 years of age. Like you said Rik, I may be quite a bit older by the time we see TBoD, although according to PP's latest newsletter he has finished all his lectures and stuff, and will concentrate fully on writing.

manda: Rik is entitled to revive old threads, because what he has said in the majority of his revivals is intelligent and worthwhile.

Times are tight, and starting a band is good way to kill some time until the economy picks up
Ian
The Frog Prince

Postby Soapy » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:27 pm

Ian wrote:according to PP's latest newsletter he has finished all his lectures and stuff, and will concentrate fully on writing.

He said htat in the last one. And the one before that. And the one before that. He's been saying that for ages!

The Artist formerly known as daemon wrote:peccimist

What's a peccimist? ;)
The Sraffie Formerly Known As hermit
Soapy
President Lesbian

Postby Ian » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:32 pm

hermit wrote:
The Artist formerly known as daemon wrote:peccimist

What's a peccimist? ;)

Dæmon, who's Dæmon? :shifty:

A peccimist is an ~*iguana*~ who can't spell.

Ian
The Frog Prince

Postby Alewyn » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:28 am

By the 2012 Olympics I hope to be living in Oxford, England attending Magdalen College. Ask me again 4 years from now where I'll be...
Meraa mitra yahaan aaiye.

Of course, if dryers were the link between the worlds, then Will would be spending all his free time jumping into dryers.

We must build the Republic of Heaven in the dryer...
Alewyn
Witch

Return to “%s” General The Book of Dust Talk