The Republic of Heaven

SP: Stage play on DVD?

Discussion for the adaptations of HDM: Movie (M), Audio (A), Stage Play (SP) and Sega’s videogame (VG).

SP: Stage play on DVD?

Postby Los » Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:23 am

Most of us are not fortunate enough to live in the UK. Has anybody every produced a video of the stage play?
Los
Los
Grazer

Postby Ian » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:04 pm

No. There used to be (not sure if there still are) clips on the stageworks website (search in the btts new archives you should find it), and you can watch the whole London stageplay on film at the National Theatre in London, but it's far from being good quality (from what I understand).
We must build the republic of heaven in our world...

Is this heaven?...No, it's Iowa

I sell discount books, so sue me

Times are tight, and starting a band is good way to kill some time until the economy picks up
Ian
The Frog Prince

Postby Diolmhain » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:28 pm

If you live in ireland you could see it...
totally totally totally
Diolmhain
also available in blue

Postby Wicked_Fabala » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:33 am

bootleg?
any video?
Wicked_Fabala
Zalif

Postby Pagdzin tulku » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:19 pm

I'm from the UK, but I haven't seen anything of this DVD...
My daemon is Eurasta. Her favourite forms are the Raccoon, Beagle (dog), and Otter. I think she'll settle as a Hare, or Squirrel...
Pagdzin tulku
Zalif

Postby Cookiemonster » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:27 pm

That's because this thread was started by someone asking if one exists, and the reply was that there wasn't one. :P
Genius is always allowed some leeway, after the hammer has been prised from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up - Thief Of Time.

There may, as the philosopher says, be no spoon, although this begs the question of why there is the idea of soup. - Thief Of Time

*Divide By Cucumber Error - Please Re-install Universe And Reboot* - Hogfather

To travel between universes would require an extremely subtle knife, or a cunning spoon - Callum

:cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute:

Bunnies!

ImageImage
Cookiemonster
Sweet and Delicious

Postby Pagdzin tulku » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:05 pm

Cookiemonster wrote:That's because this thread was started by someone asking if one exists, and the reply was that there wasn't one. :P

Oh. My bad...

Most of us are not fortunate enough to live in the UK. Has anybody every produced a video of the stage play?

The Uk bit sounds like there was one and it was only released in UK. The Has anybody every bit just confused me even more...
I presumed the no from Ian meant that he didn't have it...
My daemon is Eurasta. Her favourite forms are the Raccoon, Beagle (dog), and Otter. I think she'll settle as a Hare, or Squirrel...
Pagdzin tulku
Zalif

Postby Cookiemonster » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:26 pm

Heh, no worries. It'd be nice if they had made a DVD of it though, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see if the stage version comes around again - I think actually watching the play would be far better than any DVD anyway, it's a shame it's not put on very often. Maybe with the film(s) coming out we might see a new performance at some point over the next couple of years, coming off the hype of the film or something.
Genius is always allowed some leeway, after the hammer has been prised from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up - Thief Of Time.

There may, as the philosopher says, be no spoon, although this begs the question of why there is the idea of soup. - Thief Of Time

*Divide By Cucumber Error - Please Re-install Universe And Reboot* - Hogfather

To travel between universes would require an extremely subtle knife, or a cunning spoon - Callum

:cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute:

Bunnies!

ImageImage
Cookiemonster
Sweet and Delicious

Postby Ian » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:01 pm

No DVD unfortunately. What you're seeing is basically the result of state funding into the arts. The National Theatre is government funded, which means that they don't have to rely on takings at box office. This means that when cash cows such as HDM and the History Boys come along, they feel no obligation to keep on running it. However, it's my belief that they'll probably revive it again some time in the next five years or so...
We must build the republic of heaven in our world...

Is this heaven?...No, it's Iowa

I sell discount books, so sue me

Times are tight, and starting a band is good way to kill some time until the economy picks up
Ian
The Frog Prince

Postby Grumman » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:30 am

Ian wrote:No DVD unfortunately. What you're seeing is basically the result of state funding into the arts. The National Theatre is government funded, which means that they don't have to rely on takings at box office. This means that when cash cows such as HDM and the History Boys come along, they feel no obligation to keep on running it. However, it's my belief that they'll probably revive it again some time in the next five years or so...

Sometimes, when the play is very successful, like in the case of Amadeus, some commercial producer can take over it. This doesn't happen very often, though.
Grumman
Armoured Bear

Re: Stage play on DVD?

Postby Acchon » Thu May 01, 2008 2:37 pm

I have always wanted to see a real stageplay. Here there are practicly no theatre.
My avatar is my daemon Uruvia the wildcat, according to the official move site. Just in case you wanted to know.
Acchon
Gallivespian Spy

Re: Stage play on DVD?

Postby zemarl » Wed May 21, 2008 2:18 pm

Acchon wrote:I have always wanted to see a real stageplay. Here there are practicly no theatre.

ugh, that's shameful. theatre is an integral part of arts culture!

i'd love to see hdm here but even if canada were to put something like that on, they'd probably keep it to the big metropolis underground and tell us prairie folk to put on our own plays since we can't afford to do much else. that said, if i got wind of hdm in toronto or vancouver or any other place within driving distance, i'd be there.
i wear purple for my daddy
zemarl
I ATE'NT DEAD

Location: the library of unseen university (dimension unknown)

Return to “%s” His Dark Materials Adaptations