The Republic of Heaven

M: The Angels

Discussion for the adaptations of HDM: Movie (M), Audio (A), Stage Play (SP) and Sega’s videogame (VG).

film rating US/UK

G/U
2%
PG
20%
PG-13/12A
63%
R/15
10%
NR/18
4%

Total votes : 49

M: The Angels

Postby HDM Head 24-7 » Tue May 15, 2007 9:59 pm

I was wondering...How will they do the angels? They are supposed to be naked. What do you guys and gals think? The best thing i can think of is that "areas" will be covered by bright light.

Mod edit: Poll edited to hopefully give the equivalent UK film ratings, or at least a rough idea :P
Into this wild abyss, The womb of nature and perhaps her grave, of neither sea, nor shore, nor air, nor fire, But all these in their pregnant causes mixed Confusedly, and which thus must ever fight, Unless the almighty maker them ordain His dark materials to create more worlds, Into this wild abyss the wary fiend Stood on the brink of hell and looked a while, Pondering his voyage...John Milton-Paradise Lost-Book 2
HDM Head 24-7
Gallivespian Spy

Yahoo Messenger: bigforyou85
AOL: svq2

Postby Roronoa Zoro » Tue May 15, 2007 11:54 pm

They're going to have to take creative license and cover them up with something. That's the only way they can make the film marketable. It's not a big issue to me. I'm not worried.
Roronoa Zoro
Gallivespian Spy

Postby HDM Head 24-7 » Wed May 16, 2007 4:32 am

o yea I'm not worried either. Just wondering how people think it will be done.

I voted PG-13 btw. I mean the Potters and all the comic book movies are. They'll try for the PG but they won't get it. I mean really, think about it. Kidnapping, "cutting" fighting bears, just everything, It's a PG-13 movie.
Into this wild abyss, The womb of nature and perhaps her grave, of neither sea, nor shore, nor air, nor fire, But all these in their pregnant causes mixed Confusedly, and which thus must ever fight, Unless the almighty maker them ordain His dark materials to create more worlds, Into this wild abyss the wary fiend Stood on the brink of hell and looked a while, Pondering his voyage...John Milton-Paradise Lost-Book 2
HDM Head 24-7
Gallivespian Spy

Postby AUST » Wed May 16, 2007 10:08 am

I'd think that the Amber Spyglass would be a 12/15, but the others will probably be a PG.

And the angels arn't actually naked-they're just light. Its very hard to see them clearly.
My Spelling is wobberly. I get all the right letters but they wobble and end up in the wrong order
AUST
Witch

Postby Somewhat » Wed May 16, 2007 10:27 am

Amusingly enough, the angels are to humans what humans expect them to be. We have sick minds, clearly. :P
Sraffie Awards 2008: Sexiest Male Sraffie // Formerly known as moonflash. Avatar courtesy of the lovely Bee.

"Can I make you a sandwich?"
"Okay - but no mayo. And no raisins, or celery. And no peas. No love, no joy, no future. No mushrooms."

- Buttercup Festival
Somewhat
Raustralian

Postby Ultracommando93 » Wed May 16, 2007 10:28 am

As I'm from a different country to most people on this forum, I use a different rating system. In mine, I'm gessing an M15+ (recommended for people over 15. Not to be confused with MA15+, where it si restricted to people over 15). That's what simliar films seem to get (oens like Harry Potter, Star Wars etc all got those)
Ultracommando93
Armoured Bear

Location: Space, in a region beyond the reaches of human technology

Postby Somewhat » Wed May 16, 2007 10:31 am

Yes, you're in Australia, just like me. :P
Sraffie Awards 2008: Sexiest Male Sraffie // Formerly known as moonflash. Avatar courtesy of the lovely Bee.

"Okay - but no mayo. And no raisins, or celery. And no peas. No love, no joy, no future. No mushrooms."

- Buttercup Festival
Somewhat
Raustralian

Postby Ultracommando93 » Wed May 16, 2007 10:41 am

moonflash wrote:Yes, you're in Australia, just like me. :P

I wonder if we know each other outside this forum (you can never totally remove the chance of that coincidence. Damn that would be weird). Do you think we'll get an M rating (when it actually comes out here)
Ultracommando93
Armoured Bear

Location: Space, in a region beyond the reaches of human technology

Postby AUST » Wed May 16, 2007 4:15 pm

moonflash wrote:Amusingly enough, the angels are to humans what humans expect them to be. We have sick minds, clearly. :P

Don't they see each other as structures?
My Spelling is wobberly. I get all the right letters but they wobble and end up in the wrong order
AUST
Witch

Postby Diolmhain » Wed May 16, 2007 4:48 pm

I doubt that they'll have them nude... probabbly wearing togas or something...
totally totally totally
Diolmhain
also available in blue

Postby Somewhat » Thu May 17, 2007 1:21 am

Yeah, they're beings of architecure and design rather than matter. It's a very cool idea.

- Buttercup Festival
Somewhat
Raustralian

Postby Mockingbird » Thu May 17, 2007 3:40 am

Aren't they structures of intelligence? Imagine that...Well, I suppose imagining that is beyond our feeble mortal minds.
Mockingbird
A Walking Blade

AOL: distantdeeps

Postby Tomsy » Thu May 17, 2007 6:54 am

moonflash wrote:Yeah, they're beings of architecure and design rather than matter. It's a very cool idea.

I would totally love it if they were walking Parthenons. This is sadly unlikely.
When in doubt, castle.

Image Image Image
Tomsy
Ain't no passing craze

Postby AUST » Thu May 17, 2007 3:49 pm

moonflash wrote:Yeah, they're beings of architecure and design rather than matter. It's a very cool idea.

So...walking, talking aquiducts then?

Should be intresting?
AUST
Witch

Postby Somewhat » Fri May 18, 2007 6:40 am

More design than architecture, then... they're structures, not beings.

- Buttercup Festival
Somewhat
Raustralian

Postby AUST » Sat May 19, 2007 12:06 am

moonflash wrote:More design than architecture, then... they're structures, not beings.

I know.

Would be fun though.
AUST
Witch

Postby HDM Head 24-7 » Tue May 22, 2007 2:38 am

I just wanted to say sorry about not putting the other ratings in the pool. I was not thinking about the other countries and their rating systems. Thanks to who ever thought to modify the poll.
HDM Head 24-7
Gallivespian Spy

Re: The Angels

Postby DarkShaman » Thu May 24, 2007 1:03 am

HDM Head 24-7 wrote: The best thing i can think of is that "areas" will be covered by bright light.

I like this idea. There are alot of camera tricks they can use too. Same effect without changing yet another detail to appease the vocal minority.
"From what we are,
spirit; from what we do,
matter. Matter and
spirit are one."
DarkShaman
Grazer

Postby iwishiplayedguitar » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:47 pm

i think they should just let it go, and let the angels be naked. new line should realize that this story is aimed toward adults, as children won't understand it, and dispense with trying to make it child-appropriate. they need to just be faithful to the book, and accept whatever rating they're given.
my daemon hermes, he likes to change into a koala and hang on my shoulder while i play city of heroes. he also likes waffles.

Narci/gay/15/Likes purple
iwishiplayedguitar
Grazer

Postby Ursae Majoris » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:18 am

iwishiplayedguitar wrote:i think they should just let it go, and let the angels be naked. new line should realize that this story is aimed toward adults, as children won't understand it, and dispense with trying to make it child-appropriate. they need to just be faithful to the book, and accept whatever rating they're given.

Actually, PP wrote them as children's books, you know. And I have found them in the children's sections of book stores. New Line may follow through with that and keep the kiddies in mind.
Having trouble trying to build the Republic of Heaven? Well, take a break and YOU could help build the largest database of HDM knowledge in the world. Join Project:WIKI!

For more information check out the Wiki thread

(no penguins were harmed in the making of this message)
Ursae Majoris
Gallivespian Spy

Return to “%s” His Dark Materials Adaptations