The Republic of Heaven

M: Will auditions

Discussion for the adaptations of HDM: Movie (M), Audio (A), Stage Play (SP) and Sega’s videogame (VG).

M: Will auditions

Postby ldex1992 » Wed May 23, 2007 7:55 pm

anyone have any info on the Will auditions?
ldex1992
Grazer

Postby Cookiemonster » Wed May 23, 2007 10:53 pm

There's been nothing yet, as it depends on how well the first film does in December as to whether they make the next two, and Will wouldn't be cast til they know if they're making the next film. Keep your eyes open, it'll be somewhere on the site as soon as the news becomes available, but it probably won't be for a while yet.

By the way, please don't double post/make silly posts, I deleted the first post from this thread which only had a ':D' in it
Genius is always allowed some leeway, after the hammer has been prised from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up - Thief Of Time.

There may, as the philosopher says, be no spoon, although this begs the question of why there is the idea of soup. - Thief Of Time

*Divide By Cucumber Error - Please Re-install Universe And Reboot* - Hogfather

To travel between universes would require an extremely subtle knife, or a cunning spoon - Callum

:cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute:

Bunnies!

ImageImage
Cookiemonster
Sweet and Delicious

Postby Will » Wed May 23, 2007 11:08 pm

Not so!

http://www.bridgetothestars.net/news/pr ... rt-images/

BttS wrote:Deborah Forte confirmed that The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass would also be made into movies – New Line are now confident that The Golden Compass will be a success.
Will
Homo Sine Deo

Postby Cookiemonster » Wed May 23, 2007 11:31 pm

Ooh, it's been confirmed now? Nifty. Not had a chance to catch up on that news article there yet, thanks Will :)
Genius is always allowed some leeway, after the hammer has been prised from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up - Thief Of Time.

There may, as the philosopher says, be no spoon, although this begs the question of why there is the idea of soup. - Thief Of Time

*Divide By Cucumber Error - Please Re-install Universe And Reboot* - Hogfather

To travel between universes would require an extremely subtle knife, or a cunning spoon - Callum

:cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute:

Bunnies!

ImageImage
Cookiemonster
Sweet and Delicious

Postby aklebury » Thu May 24, 2007 2:58 am

Glad to see they're filming the other two stories :)
I hope all of the actors return - will they have been signed on to do all three films, or just signed on to the first with the option of doing the second???
I'd hate it if in the second film we ended up with a totally different Mrs Coulter (for example) because Kidman had other commitments or wasn't interested in returning...
Sorta similar to Katie Holmes replacment with Maggie Gyllenhaal in The Dark Knight
"It was evening all afternoon.
It was snowing
And it was going to snow."
aklebury
Angel

Postby Will » Thu May 24, 2007 3:10 am

I know Chris Weitz is officially contracted for the next two films, but no idea about the actors. I imagine they locked down the minor cast plus Dakota, but Kidman and Craig presumably retained the right to negotiate again, for more money.
Will
Homo Sine Deo

Postby Somewhat » Thu May 24, 2007 9:03 am

I think the issue is, now that they are definetley making the other two films, is if TGC makes enough money to afford Kidman and Craig - I can just see their agents cackling with glee at the prospect of exhorting more money from New Line. :P
Sraffie Awards 2008: Sexiest Male Sraffie // Formerly known as moonflash. Avatar courtesy of the lovely Bee.

"Can I make you a sandwich?"
"Okay - but no mayo. And no raisins, or celery. And no peas. No love, no joy, no future. No mushrooms."

- Buttercup Festival
Somewhat
Raustralian

Postby jessia » Sun May 27, 2007 4:19 am

their negotiations will probably be proportional to what new line can afford. craig and kidman are both seasoned, professional actors, not young celebrities with overinflated opinions of themselves. kidman herself said she took the part because of the relatively short time required of her for filming. also, neither of them/their agents wouldn't be out to be named as the people who kept such a big investment in production hell.
"o stars, isn't it from you that the lover's desire for the face
of his beloved arises? doesn't his secret insight
into her pure features come from the pure constellations?"
- from rainer maria rilke's third elegy

sign up and help edit+create his dark materials wiki articles for bridgetothestars!
http://www.bridgetothestars.net/wiki/index.php

Image Image
jessia
Sraffie Queen

Postby daemon_light » Sun May 27, 2007 11:18 pm

personally, if it's been confirmed, I think the casting studio should get busy!! I can't stay 13-14 forever! haha... hope I make though in all seriousness. Good Luck to all who try out!
daemon_light
Diurnally Nocturnal

Postby DustDaemon » Mon May 28, 2007 4:46 pm

You can bet i'll be there! I agree, however, with Daemon-light, i can't stay 13 forever, i was worried they wouldn't be able to make the movie until 2008 for a 2009 release!! but now my main worry of priority is my age, although, if i could just harness the power of Aurora Borealis i could create a Time Machine :D im kidding....
DustDaemon
Gallivespian Spy

Postby Blossom » Mon May 28, 2007 6:09 pm

I don't think the chances of them casting a Mancunian Will are very big I'm affraid, unless you can do an astonishingly good accent.
Blossom
Brigade Leader

Postby L and M » Mon May 28, 2007 8:19 pm

Yes, I'l be there, and yes, my priority is also my age, as I turn 14 this year. But a lot of people say I look about 12, so I'l still give it a shot. And good luck to anyone else who also wants to go.
L and M
Armoured Bear

Postby Diolmhain » Mon May 28, 2007 8:28 pm

I wonder if there will be any irish auditions...

No eh? RACISM I SAY! RACISM! DE'M FOREIGNERS ARE RACIST!
totally totally totally
Diolmhain
also available in blue

Postby DustDaemon » Mon May 28, 2007 8:32 pm

Blossom wrote:I don't think the chances of them casting a Mancunian Will are very big I'm affraid, unless you can do an astonishingly good accent.

Sorry, but i have just as good a chance as anyone else that auditions and i wish them all good luck, and yes, thank you, i can do a good accent, and i didn't say i would get the part i said that i would audition because i feel i can relate alot to Will so perhaps you should keep demeaning comments like that to yourself :x. Technically im not mancunian, i was born in Bury AND i live in Oldham.Besides, im not a slouch (not that all slouches are mancunian) that has a terrible slurring accent, i can pronounce words properly. But then perhaps i am misjudging that, and you are trying to give a morbid bid of advice..... hmmm, L and M i bid you very good luck!!:D
DustDaemon
Gallivespian Spy

Postby furbaby » Mon May 28, 2007 9:07 pm

I would be surprised if there were open auditions at all. It's very unusual.
Do any of us, except in our dreams, truly expect to be reunited with our hearts’ deepest loves, even when they leave us only for minutes, and on the most mundane of errands? No, not at all. Each time they go from our sight we in our secret hearts count them as dead. Having been given so much, we reason, how could we expect not to be brought as low as Lucifer for the staggering presumption of our love?
furbaby
Angel

Postby Blossom » Mon May 28, 2007 9:48 pm

DustDaemon wrote:Sorry, but i have just as good a chance as anyone else that auditions and i wish them all good luck, and yes, thank you, i can do a good accent, and i didn't say i would get the part i said that i would audition because i feel i can relate alot to Will so perhaps you should keep demeaning comments like that to yourself :x.

What the hell is your problem? How was pointing out a simple fact demeaning? I was sympathising because of the fact teh for the Lyra auditions they held three in the south and only one in the north, so they clearly weren't giving it much consideration that they could find a better girl for the part somewhere else. I'd rather they find good actors than local ones, and so far what I've seen of Dakota's acting looks terrible. There's no need to bite people's heads off, it's darn rude.
Blossom
Brigade Leader

Postby DustDaemon » Tue May 29, 2007 9:01 pm

hhhmmmm....perhaps, i do see where you're coming from, Kendal WAS the ony northern location. Perhaps they wont be interested in northern regionals, but alot of people complained about both the locations AND the auditioning regimes. It has been reported that the opening stages were on appearances....maybe they will change the auditioning stages. I do think there will be open auditions, Furbaby, they did it for the Lyra auditions :D

Im still going to audition no matter, i feel quite strongly about it. :D
DustDaemon
Gallivespian Spy

Postby furbaby » Tue May 29, 2007 9:54 pm

DustDaemon wrote: I do think there will be open auditions, Furbaby, they did it for the Lyra auditions

Only because they presumably couldn't find a suitable young actress through the normal channels. They cast all the other parts in the usual way. Or - just possibly - it was to create some publicity. But I can't see them doing it again for publicity reasons.
Do any of us, except in our dreams, truly expect to be reunited with our hearts’ deepest loves, even when they leave us only for minutes, and on the most mundane of errands? No, not at all. Each time they go from our sight we in our secret hearts count them as dead. Having been given so much, we reason, how could we expect not to be brought as low as Lucifer for the staggering presumption of our love?
furbaby
Angel

Postby daemon_light » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:18 pm

Blossom wrote:
DustDaemon wrote:Sorry, but i have just as good a chance as anyone else that auditions and i wish them all good luck, and yes, thank you, i can do a good accent, and i didn't say i would get the part i said that i would audition because i feel i can relate alot to Will so perhaps you should keep demeaning comments like that to yourself :x.

What the hell is your problem? How was pointing out a simple fact demeaning? I was sympathising because of the fact teh for the Lyra auditions they held three in the south and only one in the north, so they clearly weren't giving it much consideration that they could find a better girl for the part somewhere else. I'd rather they find good actors than local ones, and so far what I've seen of Dakota's acting looks terrible. There's no need to bite people's heads off, it's darn rude.

Yeah DustDaemon.... you kind of bit Blossom's head off. Blossom wasn't saying it accusingly or to discourage you. And plus, I asked anyone to tell me (I'm American) if he thought being an American I had a chance. Thanks for telling me Blossom, I didn't find your comment discouraging. It accually gave me more motivation to improve my accent if need be.
daemon_light
Diurnally Nocturnal

Postby Raptor 1001 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:33 pm

this is to all those worried by your age. I will probably be 15 when they audition but i will try my luck anyway. They might want to go older rather than younger anyway as Will is incredibly mature for his age Who knows..
Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'.

--Rincewind, The Colour of Magic
Raptor 1001
Grazer

Return to “%s” His Dark Materials Adaptations