The Republic of Heaven

M: Just a Little Cut (All the Deleted Footage)

Discussion for the adaptations of HDM: Movie (M), Audio (A), Stage Play (SP) and Sega’s videogame (VG).

Deleted scenes: bear fight and Bolvanger

Postby jmbekrub » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:30 pm

I have recently watched the video on youtube with diferent clips from the movie, The Golden Compass, and found it very interesting. to me, it looks like if they kept the deleted scenes in, the bear fight would have been after they escaped from bolvanger. This is just what I ovserved, please correct me if I am wrong. thanks.
jmbekrub
Grazer

Re: Deleted scenes: bear fight and Bolvanger

Postby Philharmonic » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:21 am

I saw those clips-not all at once though-on the game-i didn't really like the shot when Lyra fell out of the balloon-i never really like shots that look directly down when people are falling long distances. I didn't see all of the bear fight though-was there any blood?

Stardate 53476.8. Captain's log. Still won't flush. I'll try again later.
Philharmonic
Angel

Location: Some small corner of a foreign field that is forever England

Re: Deleted scenes: bear fight and Bolvanger

Postby Energy » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:09 pm

jmbekrub wrote:I have recently watched the video on youtube with diferent clips from the movie, The Golden Compass, and found it very interesting. to me, it looks like if they kept the deleted scenes in, the bear fight would have been after they escaped from bolvanger. This is just what I ovserved, please correct me if I am wrong. thanks.

your right, this has been talked about a lot in the forums so probably wasn't worth a new thread.... The film was edited and new scenes filmed very rapidly towards the end of production. Scenes have been cut (like the entire ending of the story), and things were reordered.

Yes the film oringinally did follow the storyline of the book and did things in the correct order, when they edited it they reordered it so the kids were saved last.

I recently made a video that shows what the scene may of looked like when it was actually part of the film...
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=206632

I also tried to piece together how the film should of ended...
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=206463

enjoy
POLAR BEAR IAN MCKELLEN
Roar! Why should I help some little girl? Roar!
DAKOTA BLUE RICHARDS
Dude… I’m a young orphan that lives under the care of her uncle who tries to prevent her from going on wild adventures to save the world until one day she acquires a mystical object, meets a wise older man that helps her understand the object, enlists the help of a cowboy-type person, and tries to understand a magical force that is present in all life. (pause) The only thing missing is Chewbacca, so pack your stuff and let’s go.
Energy
Gallivespian Spy

AOL: LinkinEnergy

Return to “%s” His Dark Materials Adaptations