The Republic of Heaven

M: Director's Cut - our wish list

Discussion for the adaptations of HDM: Movie (M), Audio (A), Stage Play (SP) and Sega’s videogame (VG).

Re: Director's Cut - our wish list

Postby Energy » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:29 pm

He's asleep in the back of the baloon. That's how I've edited it at least and it works fine. Though surely he wonder what on earth was going on. Unless we assume that he is the heaviest sleeper EVER! :D
POLAR BEAR IAN MCKELLEN
Roar! Why should I help some little girl? Roar!
DAKOTA BLUE RICHARDS
Dude… I’m a young orphan that lives under the care of her uncle who tries to prevent her from going on wild adventures to save the world until one day she acquires a mystical object, meets a wise older man that helps her understand the object, enlists the help of a cowboy-type person, and tries to understand a magical force that is present in all life. (pause) The only thing missing is Chewbacca, so pack your stuff and let’s go.
Energy
Gallivespian Spy

AOL: LinkinEnergy

Postby TheRealNeo » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:11 pm

ah ok thanks.

But to the other scene I think that the scene after she fell out will directly lead to the meeting with ragnar and they didn't shot the whole prison thing, because it wouldn't bring much to the story.

Also we have no clue if they shot the battle between the bears and the witch and the zeppelin of mrs coulter shooting when iorek and lyra ride to asriel and roger.
TheRealNeo
Armoured Bear

Postby TheRealNeo » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:38 pm

Also interesting to know where to put the track "lee scoresbys airship adventure" from the soundtrack which doesn't appear in the movie.

Just alternate music material or just a scene which was cut out?

Anyone an idea?
TheRealNeo
Armoured Bear

Postby tato » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:32 pm

i think its a scene cut out.
tato
Gallivespian Spy

Postby TheRealNeo » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:00 am

But how would that scene look like?
TheRealNeo
Armoured Bear

Postby daemon_light » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:45 am

TheRealNeo wrote:ah ok thanks.

But to the other scene I think that the scene after she fell out will directly lead to the meeting with ragnar and they didn't shot the whole prison thing, because it wouldn't bring much to the story.

Also we have no clue if they shot the battle between the bears and the witch and the zeppelin of mrs coulter shooting when iorek and lyra ride to asriel and roger.

To clear this up... I'm fairly certain that they had planned to have this scene after the bolvanger scene, which makes it perfectly reasonable to assume that Roger fell asleep in the back of the balloon while all this happened.

I also wondered about "Lee S. Airship Adventure"... I'm going to guess that it was a deleted scene. Maybe it's the scene where Lyra falls out of the balloon. Maybe there were more shots of Lee flying during the storm before Lyra falls.
daemon_light
Diurnally Nocturnal

Postby TheRealNeo » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:18 am

Or when he the first time ever starts with his balloon, because the first time we see him just with iorek in the airship, maybe they shot the starting.
TheRealNeo
Armoured Bear

Postby daemon_light » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:31 pm

TheRealNeo wrote:Or when he the first time ever starts with his balloon, because the first time we see him just with iorek in the airship, maybe they shot the starting.

maybe! that'd be interesting...
daemon_light
Diurnally Nocturnal

Postby Stelmaria7 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:01 am

yay that would be awsome what's the deal with teh scenes being out of place Svalbard and Belvegard? That made it really comfusing. And the Stupid Bridge scene wasn't even in the right place and It shouldn't have even been their. Bring back the original Beginnind ending where they go to Lord Asriels house!!!
Stelmaria7
Gallivespian Spy

Location: sitting at the computer, staring into it's endless depths and reminissing about what could have been

Postby TheRealNeo » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:48 pm

The rest of music appearing on the soundtrack cd also appeared in the movie or did I miss something?

EDIT: I'm quite sure meanwhile that it is a starting scene of the airship with Lee and Iorek because in the track before the loud twisting theme starts at the end, you can hear Ioreks theme so a little dialogue between Iorek and Lee and then the airship starts.

Seems as if that was cut out really late because the rest on the cd seems to appear in the movie unfortunately they didn't left us music from the cut ending would be nice to hear that pieces.
TheRealNeo
Armoured Bear

Return to “%s” His Dark Materials Adaptations