The Republic of Heaven

M: Tut tut Dakota!

Discussion for the adaptations of HDM: Movie (M), Audio (A), Stage Play (SP) and Sega’s videogame (VG).

M: Tut tut Dakota!

Postby Kyrillion » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:01 am

Just happened across this on the website of my local paper, the Argus:

http://www.theargus.co.uk/mostpopular.v ... attack.php

That's not very nice, now, is it?
Stay out of Camberwick Green.
Kyrillion
Megamouth Sraffie (get custom title)

Re: Tut tut Dakota!

Postby krebbe » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:30 am

Truly despicable. Not even snowmen can walk the streets in England without a Dakota bashing. I couldn't imagine the real Lyra doing anything like... oh wait I could.
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Join BttS Chat on irc.quakenet.org #btts
chat forum topic
chat channel statistics
krebbe
Stultifyingly Substantiated

Postby jessia » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:44 am

oh english teenagers...
"o stars, isn't it from you that the lover's desire for the face
of his beloved arises? doesn't his secret insight
into her pure features come from the pure constellations?"
- from rainer maria rilke's third elegy

sign up and help edit+create his dark materials wiki articles for bridgetothestars!
http://www.bridgetothestars.net/wiki/index.php

Image Image
jessia
Sraffie Queen

Postby kincuri » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:36 am

This made me smile when I read this.

At least it shows that Dakota is still an ordinary teenage girl and that they should be happy that it wasn't something as bad a commandeering a boat...
kincuri
Zalif

Postby Blossom » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:47 am

kincuri wrote:This made me smile when I read this.

At least it shows that Dakota is still an ordinary teenage girl and that they should be happy that it wasn't something as bad a commandeering a boat...

How is that an ordinary thing to do? It's lyra-esque but not normal. It's extremely anti-social.
Blossom
Brigade Leader

Postby kincuri » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:53 am

Blossom wrote:

How is that an ordinary thing to do? It's lyra-esque but not normal. It's extremely anti-social.

Didn't you ever do anything mischievous when you were young? I thought it was normal.

Maybe I was just a naughty kid... :)
kincuri
Zalif

Postby Acchon » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:20 pm

kincuri wrote:
Blossom wrote:

Didn't you ever do anything mischievous when you were young? I thought it was normal.

Maybe I was just a naughty kid... :)

I never does this kind of things. Is there something wrong with me? :/
My avatar is my daemon Uruvia the wildcat, according to the official move site. Just in case you wanted to know.
Acchon
Gallivespian Spy

Postby LauraHDM » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:30 pm

Oh please. "We put our heart and sould into that snowman"? Get real people. That guy was just using the opportunity to sound important. Snowmen ARE temporary guys! Come on.

Dakota rocks.
And her soul walks beside her, an army stands behind her.
LauraHDM
Grazer

Postby Acchon » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:33 pm

Oh, I don't care about a snowman or two (those guys was quite silly about it, yes)
But I still does not feel the need to destroy stuff that others created. But... it was just a snowman after all.
My avatar is my daemon Uruvia the wildcat, according to the official move site. Just in case you wanted to know.
Acchon
Gallivespian Spy

Postby Kyrillion » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:14 pm

LauraHDM wrote:Oh please. "We put our heart and sould into that snowman"? Get real people. That guy was just using the opportunity to sound important. Snowmen ARE temporary guys! Come on.

Dakota rocks.

Do you realise how rarely we GET snow in England? Those people were probably so surprised by it they'd begun some rudimentary religion around the snowman.

Dakota is terrorising the south of England and must be stopped! I'm so afraid I've moved to Shepherd's Bush.
Kyrillion

Postby Aurone » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:15 pm

I'm 50/50. Granted it's a rather stupid on her part because people did work hard on it and then to see someone destroy for fun would be rather upsetting. On the flip side they're making this out as if she's England's Most Wanted now, she's a kid and kids do stupid things.
Aurone
Gallivespian Spy

Postby BadKitty » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:35 pm

He said: "We put our heart and soul into that snowman.

*stifeling a giggle or two*

We rarely get snow in Texas (and then only once a decade, enough to build a snowman) and I just can't get how amazingly priceless this snowman was.

At the same time, c'mon! he's just a poor snowman!

*laughing hysterically*
BadKitty
Grazer

Postby BenMech » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:26 pm

Umm, Winter's over. You're not supposed to have snow in April. So why WAS there a snowman?
BenMech
Gallivespian Spy

Yahoo Messenger: OceanMech
AOL: OceanMech

Postby Mockingbird » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:57 pm

BenMech wrote:Umm, Winter's over. You're not supposed to have snow in April. So why WAS there a snowman?

Because the weather didn't abide by the calender in England this year? :) (By the way, I've seen snowfall in April while I was in upstate New York.)

All this proves is:
1)Absolutely nothing happened in this town worth reporting.
2)The writers of The Argus follow the Fox school of sensationalist "journalism."
Mockingbird
A Walking Blade

AOL: distantdeeps

Postby Roll_with_it » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:33 pm

This is a) ridiculous and b) bloody hilarious. She's a teenage girl! You would rather she was destroying property? It's extremely tame by child star standards.
"You know Mr Bernstein, if I hadn't been very rich, I might have been a really great man..."
Roll_with_it
Gallivespian Spy

Postby Grumman » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:32 am

Aurone wrote:I'm 50/50. Granted it's a rather stupid on her part because people did work hard on it and then to see someone destroy for fun would be rather upsetting. On the flip side they're making this out as if she's England's Most Wanted now, she's a kid and kids do stupid things.

I agree. If I had worked on the snowman I'd be equally distraught and disappointed. However, it isn't like I'd run to tell the press about it.
Grumman
Armoured Bear

Postby Kyrillion » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:37 am

Mockingbird wrote:
BenMech wrote:Umm, Winter's over. You're not supposed to have snow in April. So why WAS there a snowman?

Because the weather didn't abide by the calender in England this year? :) (By the way, I've seen snowfall in April while I was in upstate New York.)

All this proves is:
1)Absolutely nothing happened in this town worth reporting.
2)The writers of The Argus follow the Fox school of sensationalist "journalism."

Ah, here I feel I should stand up for Brighton and the Argus. The Argus are actually a very good local newspaper and although like any local they suffer from slow news days they are not prone to victimisation or making mountains out of molehills. I doubt this was a headline or anything. The last time I saw DBR's activities reported, it was in the not-really-proper-news section.

And Brighton is the best town in the world, ever, where exciting stuff happens so :P
Kyrillion

Postby L and M » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:44 am

The next thing we will be hearing is: "Dakota Blue Richards was seen picking up a stone at her local park!! Watch you're windows, people!!"
Its a snowman!
Nothing against Brighton or The Argus.
Yo yo! I'm currently the forums least quickest poster. :)... Probably.
L and M
Armoured Bear

Postby jasman71 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:45 pm

Yep, again no disrespect to the Argus, but oh boy they must have been scraping the barrel in terms of what to report that day..

..and I'm also assuming that this Snowman Creation Ceremony gave a whole bunch of people something to do, tearing them away from....erm.....whatever...

so was it a slow news day, or a slow to-do day?

I know people who would be happy as Larry that their kids are outside (albeit up to mischief), rather than sat in front of their laptops, and let's face it, if it was Jo Public's daughter instead of DBR, I doubt it would've made it to the end of the street..

Joking aside, I can appreciate the feelings of those who spent a lot of time and effort building Frosty, even if it's end would have been a slow melt anyway, but what these kids did pales into comparison with what I saw done when I was that age!
I'm not fat, I'm just in widescreen...
jasman71
Armoured Bear

Postby LauraHDM » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:33 am

Kyrillion wrote:
LauraHDM wrote:Oh please. "We put our heart and sould into that snowman"? Get real people. That guy was just using the opportunity to sound important. Snowmen ARE temporary guys! Come on.

Dakota rocks.

Do you realise how rarely we GET snow in England? Those people were probably so surprised by it they'd begun some rudimentary religion around the snowman.

Dakota is terrorising the south of England and must be stopped! I'm so afraid I've moved to Shepherd's Bush.

All right, I agree - it wasn't nice of her, and destroying stuff that other people worked for is never fair. But I seriously do think that that newspaper is just blowing it up. And don't you think "terrorising" is a bit too big of a word here?

I'm not trying to sound mad or anything, and I got nothing against that newspaper, I don't even know it, but.. I really think they were in lack of important news that day.. :)
And her soul walks beside her, an army stands behind her.
LauraHDM
Grazer

Return to “%s” His Dark Materials Adaptations