The Republic of Heaven

M: Northern Lights - TGC (Fan Edit, video inside!)

Discussion for the adaptations of HDM: Movie (M), Audio (A), Stage Play (SP) and Sega’s videogame (VG).

Re: Northern Lights - TGC (Fan Edit, video inside!)

Postby Energy » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:50 am

daemon_light wrote:Fantastic, Energy... really well done!

Things that could be improved: the fade out wasn't necessary in the first transition. (A sudden black out from the fighting would be better, and then after a few seconds of black, show the scope of the sled driving. This would be more dramatically effective, and give you a sense of the time that passed). This might even help with the problem that it feels rather rushed and confused (most of this I know you can't really help). But I think the blackout would allow the audience to breathe and soak in what just happened.
The line "A gift for the king" isn't necessary unless you really like it in there.

The music was great when he was telling her to come inside... great job with that! Fit perfectly! I thought you did a really nice job with it! Each video is improving so keep it up!! Be proud of what you've done, man... thanks for sharing! :wink:

lol good point about the 'gift for the king' thing... not sure how that crept in. lol

Will give the pause a go and see how it works. My only concern is that it's a different editing style and might stand out a bit too much when seen in the context of the whole film. Will try and see tho :)

Thanks for the feedback - will continue playing! :D
POLAR BEAR IAN MCKELLEN
Roar! Why should I help some little girl? Roar!
DAKOTA BLUE RICHARDS
Dude… I’m a young orphan that lives under the care of her uncle who tries to prevent her from going on wild adventures to save the world until one day she acquires a mystical object, meets a wise older man that helps her understand the object, enlists the help of a cowboy-type person, and tries to understand a magical force that is present in all life. (pause) The only thing missing is Chewbacca, so pack your stuff and let’s go.
Energy
Gallivespian Spy

AOL: LinkinEnergy

Postby daemon_light » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:24 am

Energy wrote:
Will give the pause a go and see how it works. My only concern is that it's a different editing style and might stand out a bit too much when seen in the context of the whole film. Will try and see tho :)

I don't think that the fade/overlap scene edit wasn't exactly part of the film's style either though. But give it a whirl definently, and I guess we'll see then! :wink:
daemon_light
Diurnally Nocturnal

Postby TheRealNeo » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:09 pm

When will we see something new? :D
TheRealNeo
Armoured Bear

Postby Energy » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:35 pm

shortly - I am stil lworking on it. But mainly working on the film as a whole. I recently re-jigged the first 10 minutes. It's not perfect but it opens slightly more with a book feel and reincorpirates 2 short scenes. I'm slowly making a full version of the film with the newly created scenes plus a few short deleted scenes (e.g. Ma costa saying thank you to lyra)

It's on going and things have been so busy as of late I jsut haven't had chance to keep u uptodate, but I'll be uploading the final version of the balloon scene shortly. It's had some radical changes since the workprint version...
POLAR BEAR IAN MCKELLEN
Roar! Why should I help some little girl? Roar!
DAKOTA BLUE RICHARDS
Dude… I’m a young orphan that lives under the care of her uncle who tries to prevent her from going on wild adventures to save the world until one day she acquires a mystical object, meets a wise older man that helps her understand the object, enlists the help of a cowboy-type person, and tries to understand a magical force that is present in all life. (pause) The only thing missing is Chewbacca, so pack your stuff and let’s go.
Energy
Gallivespian Spy

AOL: LinkinEnergy

Return to “%s” His Dark Materials Adaptations