The Republic of Heaven

M: Energy's re-cut ending of The Golden Compass

Discussion for the adaptations of HDM: Movie (M), Audio (A), Stage Play (SP) and Sega’s videogame (VG).

Re: M: Energy's re-cut ending of The Golden Compass

Postby sfsraffie » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:48 am

Energy wrote:
sfsraffie wrote:Nice! Though I still think that for the main/big edit, you should use whatever very final ending you see fit, rather than that which you think Weitz/New Line was contemplating using. ;)

Would it make a difference if I *knew* what Weitz was planning? ;)

Okay, you got me - that was just me trying to manipulate you into leaving out any Will! :P :wink:

Energy wrote:So what I'm thinking is releasing a few one clip sequences, the balloon fall sequence and the new lyra taken to the bolvangar scene on youtube together. I'll prob do similar to what I did for the ending video and upload it for direct download here. In theory this will be enough for you guys to make your own copy of the reordered film...

I see. That works... especially if you'd be so kind as to upload versions in the standard DVD dimensions and bitrate; I can edit and substitute clips just fine, but am not so good with resizing and such. :D
sfsraffie
Gallivespian Spy

Postby Energy » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:28 pm

Hey all - I've recently been touching up http://www.northern-lights-fanedit.com and I'm making part of my daily routine so each day there's a little bit of info going up or an improvment. Please can you look and see what you think - especially try out the media section and see if you can get to the picture section etc.

Also... I got two brand new shots today. One that shows incomplete vfx but is very very useful. Another is of a much talked about but unseen scene.

I'm going to put an image of one of these two clips up - the first person who replies gets to choose. So first person to reply,
A: Scene 1 - a useful scene
B: Scene 2 - a beautiful scene

:)
POLAR BEAR IAN MCKELLEN
Roar! Why should I help some little girl? Roar!
DAKOTA BLUE RICHARDS
Dude… I’m a young orphan that lives under the care of her uncle who tries to prevent her from going on wild adventures to save the world until one day she acquires a mystical object, meets a wise older man that helps her understand the object, enlists the help of a cowboy-type person, and tries to understand a magical force that is present in all life. (pause) The only thing missing is Chewbacca, so pack your stuff and let’s go.
Energy
Gallivespian Spy

AOL: LinkinEnergy

Postby sfsraffie » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:11 am

Both! :)

I've been meaning to get to the library, and get my hands on an audio recording of the Milton quote... would love to put that to some appropriately earthy, volcano-y black and white footage...
sfsraffie
Gallivespian Spy

Postby Energy » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:02 pm

sfsraffie wrote:Both! :)

I've been meaning to get to the library, and get my hands on an audio recording of the Milton quote... would love to put that to some appropriately earthy, volcano-y black and white footage...

When I said beautiful, I meant touching... lol :P

Anyway as you asked, you can have both:

First shot - used in my edit, even though the CGI is not complete. Lyra being found by the bears after falling from the balloon. It's the best version of this shot I have, as it actually shows more of the bears heading towards Lyra etc. This is the result of the shot though...
http://www.northern-lights-fanedit.com/ext/images/snap1.png

The second very short clip is of a scene that we've heard about, but through all my searching I've never seen any video of (or really any confirmed images...). One of Philip Pullmans favourite scenes. A shot from Farder Coram and Lyra discussing his past, the relationship with serafina. We see in this emotional sequence Pan comforts his daemon...
http://www.northern-lights-fanedit.com/ext/images/snap2.png
POLAR BEAR IAN MCKELLEN
Roar! Why should I help some little girl? Roar!
DAKOTA BLUE RICHARDS
Dude… I’m a young orphan that lives under the care of her uncle who tries to prevent her from going on wild adventures to save the world until one day she acquires a mystical object, meets a wise older man that helps her understand the object, enlists the help of a cowboy-type person, and tries to understand a magical force that is present in all life. (pause) The only thing missing is Chewbacca, so pack your stuff and let’s go.
Energy
Gallivespian Spy

AOL: LinkinEnergy

Return to “%s” His Dark Materials Adaptations