The Republic of Heaven

Information on the deleted scenes of the Golden Compass

Discussion for the adaptations of HDM: Movie (M), Audio (A), Stage Play (SP) and Sega’s videogame (VG).

Information on the deleted scenes of the Golden Compass

Postby Energy » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:07 pm

It's been over a year since somone has posted in this forum, but I wanted to show some stuff and hopefully someone out there sees it.

Since I released my reconstructed ending lots has happened. I've spoken to many people including Chris Weitz and even a response from Philip Pullman.

I've started pieceing together the material I have on each removed scene from the movie to be availble to the public. I have lots more still to go - but there is already a decent amount on scenes most are unlikely to know exist or were thought of!

http://northern-lights-fanedit.com/content/scene
Spoiler:
Includes the Death of Ma Costa, The Death of a Gyptian Spy, The Master's Arrest and Mrs Lonsdale's fairwell to Lyra
I've still got lots more to put up - but if there is a scene that you know of (and have proof!) let me know. I would love to really make this a full resource.
POLAR BEAR IAN MCKELLEN
Roar! Why should I help some little girl? Roar!
DAKOTA BLUE RICHARDS
Dude… I’m a young orphan that lives under the care of her uncle who tries to prevent her from going on wild adventures to save the world until one day she acquires a mystical object, meets a wise older man that helps her understand the object, enlists the help of a cowboy-type person, and tries to understand a magical force that is present in all life. (pause) The only thing missing is Chewbacca, so pack your stuff and let’s go.
Energy
Gallivespian Spy

AOL: LinkinEnergy

Re: Information on the deleted scenes of the Golden Compass

Postby Michael555 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:46 am

That's amazing that you talked to Chris Weitz! I actually talked a little bit to him through email, he sent me a copy of the first draft of his script when it was leaking, or someone who says it was him, anyway.

I remember sending him a link to your ending video on youtube :)
Michael555
Gyptian

Postby Energy » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:21 pm

Speaking to Chris was cool (again, who we assume was Chris, if it wasn't he played his part very well!) - but getting a letter from Philip Pullman has been the highlight. He mentions that he feels my video is very close to the filmed ending, and tells me well done. He then goes on to mention that he feels that the film will never be done as intended by the current owners, but he'd love to go down a game of thrones-esqe method of telling the story.

So you never know!

As for the script; If you got a PDF or other document, any chance you could send it to me? I have one that I reversed engineered off the scribr website - but would much prefer the original file!

One day I wish a shooting script would appear. No luck of that yet tho... keep searching though.
POLAR BEAR IAN MCKELLEN
Roar! Why should I help some little girl? Roar!
DAKOTA BLUE RICHARDS
Dude… I’m a young orphan that lives under the care of her uncle who tries to prevent her from going on wild adventures to save the world until one day she acquires a mystical object, meets a wise older man that helps her understand the object, enlists the help of a cowboy-type person, and tries to understand a magical force that is present in all life. (pause) The only thing missing is Chewbacca, so pack your stuff and let’s go.
Energy
Gallivespian Spy

AOL: LinkinEnergy

Postby Michael555 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:57 am

He sent me the link we all have :(

Now that's amazing, Phillip Pullman actually watched that ending and said it was close? That's so awesome! I bet you were excited! I would agree with him though. I doubt we'll see anything done further while they have the rights to the series (for how much longer, we don't know), but I hope a Game Of Thrones-esque thing is done with it. That'd be a good idea, at least I think so anyway. As long as they don't change it up too much.
Michael555
Gyptian

Return to “%s” His Dark Materials Adaptations