Re: Dreamscapes

Postby Secret Someone » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:29 pm

Ronni Winchester... :wink:
"There will always be women in rubber flirting with me!"

Secret Someone
Gallivespian Spy

Postby AlexSP » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:33 pm

Ooh, hordes of what? Was it a zombie apocalypse? Alien? Or just hordes of humans wanting their last mochafrappuhellokittycrappycino before the end? Epiiic. That made me think of the Canadian movie Last Night, which was a drama about how different people deal with the last day before the end of the world (it's not even specified what the armageddony thing is, because that's not the point at all). Good movie, terrific end. Should re-hunt it down, only have it on VHS.
There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious—makes you so sick at heart—that you can't take part. You can't even passively take part. And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all
AlexSP
Invincible Starlight

AOL: ARosecatcher

Postby Aletheia Dolorosa » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:24 pm

AlexSP wrote:Ooh, hordes of what? Was it a zombie apocalypse? Alien? Or just hordes of humans wanting their last mochafrappuhellokittycrappycino before the end? Epiiic. That made me think of the Canadian movie Last Night, which was a drama about how different people deal with the last day before the end of the world (it's not even specified what the armageddony thing is, because that's not the point at all). Good movie, terrific end. Should re-hunt it down, only have it on VHS.

It was more like the film Legion, although no one was actually pregnant with the Messiah, and the cafe was in the middle of a bombed-out, ruined city, rather than being a truck stop in rural America. So the hordes were the legions of Heaven, I think.
'There are few things in this world that couldn't be improved by adding vampires to them.' - Scott Westerfeld
ImageImage
ImageImage
More melodrama/Even more melodrama/Sexiest Female Sraffie, Best Signature, Cam Whore, 2008 Sraffie Awards
Avatar from Scandinavia and the World
Aletheia Dolorosa
Wednesday's Child

Postby Anoria » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:13 pm

I guess I must have been really stressed out about returning to teaching last night... (last week was a break and I didn't find a job yesterday, so today was my first gig in a while)

Fell asleep pretty normally around 11:30. Woke up less than an hour later. I don't remember exactly what I was dreaming, but as I floated back to consciousness I remember trying to figure out how to communicate with the Farscape characters between episodes, because we were all being chased by someone sinister and it wasn't fair that I'd have to watch another episode to inform them of this.

Eventually I woke up, left bed, got online, and read TGC until I felt kinda sleepy again. I went back to bed around 3, but still couldn't sleep, kept drifting off for ten minutes at a time and then waking back up. That lasted an hour. Got out of bed at 4, attempted sleep on the couch, finally got to sleep.

Then my dreams were about being late to today's job. I was in a really big house, and Nathan was still sleeping on a different level of it somewhere, and I kept looking at the time and saying "it's ok, I'll only be a little late if I leave right now" and then finding other things I needed to do, like putting on my shoes and changing out of my sweatpants. The school called me while this was happening and said they needed a substitute bus driver too, to pick up the kids that were hanging around outside my house. I agreed to take them to school with me, and the kids somehow knew this and started acting impatient while I rummaged in the dryer for proper clothing and such... Finally I was in my car (kids disappeared) and for some reason A.J. and an unidentified friend of his were there with me, trying to calm me down as I got lost and realized my car was having problems... finally, as we're stalled in the middle of a nearby town (the town doesn't exist irl, but the road names were actually local ones) and I'm trying to figure out if I should take the bus, the school secretary comes up to my window and says I've hallucinated the whole thing and I should probably go to the hospital, in light of which she'll let me off subbing for the day.

Then my alarm went off and I proceeded to go about what turned out to be quite a pleasant, on-time, successful day.

I have no idea what caused this all, other than sleeping in an extra two hours yesterday morning. I really hope the anxiety's gone tonight.
Hey baby, what's your callsign?

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Anoria
Solver

AOL: telcontara177

Postby Alexandra » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:58 pm

Weirdly epic dream. The farthest back I can remember was being chased by zombies, which is strange since I'm not a zombie-fanatic like everyone else seems to be... They were like half-zombie, half-inferi, swimming up to me in the water or running after me on land. I had a pack of about 5 matches and I kept trying to light the bushes on fire to repel the inferombies (I know, burning nature :(). The fires kept going out immediately though. Finally I got to a train track and noticed it was made entirely out of wood, and it criss-crossed all over the town and would effectively repel all zombies around. So I lit it on fire with my second to last match... and an inferi splashed the water out before it could properly light up. Merry and Pippin were running up to me, and I used my last match to try lighting the track again and it worked, and it spread really quickly all over the place. Merry turned to me and said "Brilliant! That's not just wood, you know... it's an explosive. The entire world is going to crumble. Good job!" And he wasn't sarcastic, even though I'd sort of caused the apocalypse.

So the world began to crumble and all the people in the world started to fall into a flooding spiral staircase, riding the wave down. Some people had grabbed books and movies they liked, but I was thinking "are there really going to be TVs down there?" wherever we were going... finally we hit rock bottom in a cave. I decided this was too depressing so I somehow made my way back up the staircase, fighting against the crowd/tide. It took a lot less time to get back up than it took to get down. I found the top again, but it was inside a building as the world outside fell, and I found some of my favourite books and decided to take them with me, to make the depressing cave a little better. I remember Cute Boy and Gimli were there (LotR invading my dreams!). The remaining people all got swept down the staircase, and finally when we all got closed in, we were standing on the top landing. Some long amount of time passed. The ceiling of the staircase/underworld was seemingly made of sand. I decided to start digging to see if life on the surface had gone back to normal, and Gimli got all indignant and kept ranting about being the miner in the group and so he should be digging, so he got up on Cute Boy's shoulders and started digging upward in the sand. We finally climbed through the hole he made and emerged into what appeared to be ancient Egypt. Nearby was a beautiful white palace, sitting near the Sphinx, and we decided to go there. Inside was the King of Scotland (not one that actually existed), dressed in lots of fluffy robes and bright jewels. He told us that the zombies were gone, and this is where we'd rebuild the world and live with the ancient Egyptians. His staff was magical and he built a sparkling-white city out of nowhere, surrounding the pyramids.

Yep. That's how it ended. No post-apocalyptic madness, no zombie-ravaged people, no death. Just a good old apocalypse and a new life in ancient Egypt with a magical King of Scotland. WTF BRAIN.
Alexandra
6 x 9 = 42

Postby AlexSP » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:13 am

i was anakin/darth vader. it was so awesome. just to have super strong force powers was so ... um ... empowering. but i had a ton of enemies who wished me harm. i was lulled into a false sense of security and led into an ambush. but i knew it was coming! then they tried potter-type magic spells on me, which were floaty clouds (like the effect when a stargate opens meets a failed patronus, if you will). and i knew that the only way not to be killed by it was to concentrate solely on my love for padme (wtf/lol). which i was able to do, and break free, and totally force jump around. oh man.

can anyone else sometimes levitate in dreams? but it's not like whee, i'm flying. you have to really concentrate and WILL yourself into rising off the ground just a bit! it feels SUPER REAL when i can do it in dreams, i always swear it'll work when i wake up, cos it's such a specific mindset / thoughtmode i get into. but then it never works :[
There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious—makes you so sick at heart—that you can't take part. You can't even passively take part. And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all
AlexSP
Invincible Starlight

Postby Anoria » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:51 pm

AlexSP wrote:can anyone else sometimes levitate in dreams? but it's not like whee, i'm flying. you have to really concentrate and WILL yourself into rising off the ground just a bit! it feels SUPER REAL when i can do it in dreams, i always swear it'll work when i wake up, cos it's such a specific mindset / thoughtmode i get into. but then it never works :[

It hasn't happened in a while, but usually any flying in my dreams consists of either that, or just being able to jump really high and then fall slowly. I still wonder why that never tips me off that it was a dream...

Last night I dreamed that on top of the spider I killed on the ceiling before I fell asleep, there were two more and Nathan didn't want to deal with them even though it was his turn. There was an ongoing story around that, other parts of which involved walking through the last melting remnants of a snowstorm while thinking in past tense about the last Harry Potter movie, and sitting in a room with a washing machine while some random guy decided which of my clothes (starting with the underwear drawer in my dresser, which made me uncomfortable) he wanted to dye. I wish I remembered what was actually happening because it was kind of interesting/exciting in a way that dyeing my clothing certainly is not.
Hey baby, what's your callsign?

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Anoria
Solver

AOL: telcontara177

Postby AlexSP » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:37 am

nothing too spectacular, and this bit of dialogue sounds even better slightly out of context, even if the scene itself was largely out of dreamical context itself (weird interlude between some watery race i was in where i could cloak, and being in mcdonalds in canada):

(in a van, going way too fast on winding dirt roads)

alex (backseat) "could you PLEASE drive a little slower?"
bethan (driving) "the music's too loud isn't it? but i'm just SO happy that caroline finally met a nice guy!"
alex "yes, it was nice meeting her. but could you please drive slower?!"
AlexSP
Invincible Starlight

Postby Alexandra » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:58 pm

I had a Chuck-related dream. I was getting settled to watch a new episode of Chuck called "Chuck vs. The Drink-Off", where Chuck, Sarah, and Casey had to out-drink some russian spy for a mission, and Ellie and Awesome accidentally showed up at the same bar and Awesome ended up participating. I remembered seeing the beginning of this episode and shutting it off before because it contained spoilers, like Ellie being pregnant and naming the baby Olivia (brain got that one wrong). Sometime in the middle of the ep I became a part of the show, and one way or another I ended up in an office with a really horrible woman who kept insulting Ellie, so I threw a chair at her.

Then I ended up at a costume party/prom where a friend dressed up as a skirt. Yes... as a skirt.
Alexandra
6 x 9 = 42

Postby Aletheia Dolorosa » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:41 am

In my dream, there was a sort of otherworldly paradise that existed. To get to it, you just had to go upstairs into the attic of your house (everyone accessed this otherworld in this manner). Most people would spend their days living and working in the ordinary world and go upstairs to the otherworld at night. However, I discovered that most poor people couldn't afford to live this double existence, and they either toiled forever in the real world, or lived their entire existence in the otherworld, not having fun but rather being exploited by the rich people who visited. (I remember a poor person explaining this to me as being logical - since you didn't need to eat or consume anything in the otherworld, it was cheaper for poor families if some of their kids stayed there.)

Apparently even when I have a dream concept straight out of a children's fantasy novel, I start thinking about oppression.
'There are few things in this world that couldn't be improved by adding vampires to them.' - Scott Westerfeld
ImageImage
ImageImage
More melodrama/Even more melodrama/Sexiest Female Sraffie, Best Signature, Cam Whore, 2008 Sraffie Awards
Aletheia Dolorosa
Wednesday's Child

Postby AlexSP » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:32 pm

that has a slightly Flowers In The Attic feel to it, ish.

i dreamt that i was in some kind of bolivia and i was with relatives i've never met in some kind of encampment and there was an attack by enemy forces, which happened to be pigs who could turn into blobs of muck. and i got to use a gun and it was great. then we had to go find shelter in a mall far away and suddenly ali was there and the landscape was freezing and i had to carry her on my back for some stupid reason. and we got to the mall and split up because we were looking for something that only one shop had, but we didn't know what it was, but we knew we'd recognize it once we saw it. i think i ended up buying tons of random crap. at the same time we had to keep a vigilant eye out for another pig/blob attack. it was long and weird and i can't remember the details anymore, but there were helicopters and robots and hamburgers and flying and i don't even know. as per norm it was a mashup of stuff i've been playing/watching recently which stuck in my subconscious, ie. the segment of Human Planet docu where the (nepalese?) father travels for a week with his kids over a frozen river in a valley just so they can get to school for the semester, and the first few episodes of Chaos which i started watching, which is, imagine: a Chuck spinoff series based around casey's covert CIA team going around the world being heroes.
AlexSP
Invincible Starlight

Postby AlexSP » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:55 am

dreamt i had an elaaaaborate rube goldbergy setup, which included an intercity trip for a physical sports vs computers game and a non-stage 300 person hummed ballet opera, just so i could ask rashida jones out. she said yes! i still got it, baby.
AlexSP
Invincible Starlight

Postby Aletheia Dolorosa » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:02 am

Okay, so I was on a school trip, I couldn't keep up, my friends and I were being drowned by floodwater, so we hopped on a plane that went into outer space and...I gave birth to Darth Vader?

I don't know how my brain makes these kinds of connections.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Aletheia Dolorosa
Wednesday's Child

Postby AlexSP » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:53 am

good news! i was romantic and bffs (does that work in reality?) with sarah polley and it was super nice. and totes friends with lebron james and stuff; we went jogging together. this was all great until

bad news! a zombie apocalypse happened and soon we were all cornered and outnumbered and brutally killed.

you win some, you f'n lose some.
AlexSP
Invincible Starlight

Postby zemarl » Tue May 10, 2011 6:20 pm

when dreams are a continuation of the day you had, but if one detail went differently, does that mean you're living the alternate universe in which you DID do what you decided, in your own reality, not to?

Spoiler:
feck i hate dreams.
i wear purple for my daddy
zemarl
I ATE'NT DEAD

Location: the library of unseen university (dimension unknown)

Postby Alexandra » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:07 pm

I had a dream where I fell in love with both the 10th Doctor and Olivia Wilde. We were all in the TARDIS. In the end, I got together with Olivia. Talk about a good dream.
Alexandra
6 x 9 = 42

Postby brynjarbjorn » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:24 pm

Last night I experienced a very vivid (and strange ... and in parts blue) and prolonged dream that was furthermore a continuation of sorts of a dream I had a few weeks ago. I was stuck in an impossibly huge stadium/mansion/hotel, and I was competing in some nondescript sports event, I only know it was team oriented as I was looking for a specific place within the building where we were supposed to meet up. I kept finding differently helpful people - some of whom I know in reality - who sometimes tried to show me where to go, but somehow I always ended up back on square one.
As to the blue nature of the dream, I also tangled with some individuals (whose names I'll keep to myself :P ) with whom I had short-spanning relationships - that is as the dream kept returning to square one, the individuals also kept changing. On top of it all I was also trying to not run into something which I knew was trying to hurt me, but I couldn't ever find out exactly who/what it was.

The difference between this dream and the one I remember from before is in that one I was only trying to find that meeting place, although it also kept repeating in a similar fashion.
brynjarbjorn
Unusual Suspect

Postby darren » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:29 pm

Alexandra wrote:In the end, I got together with Olivia. Talk about a good dream.

gosh. i want this dream.

--darren

a tear, sarah jane?

but it did happen.
darren
alcoholic frog *hic*

Postby Aletheia Dolorosa » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:42 pm

I dreamt that I was struggling to climb through this hole in the ground. I was being chased by someone (or something) and panicked, rushed against the side of the hole and ended up tearing my eye open with barbed wire.

Then I was with a whole bunch of people trying to punish this criminal by drowning him in a church, but he escaped and we chased him all the way to this post-apocalyptic city (which was apparently Detroit?) and he held my sister hostage and then I woke up.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Aletheia Dolorosa
Wednesday's Child

Return to “%s” Anything Goes Forum - General