The Republic of Heaven

Doctor Who (Spoilers Abound)

Discuss (almost) absolutely anything here

Re: Doctor Who (Spoilers Abound)

Postby darren » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:33 am

i liked it. although there were cybermen (well, about three or four cybermen, for about three or four minutes) it was a rather low-key episode. but that's exactly what is needed, considering the doctor's going to die next week.

things i liked:

> stormaggedon
    > nurse gladys emmanuel as val
    > amy pond as the face of petrichor
    > the pushchair! how many companions push their kids around whilst trying to save the world?
    > the cybermat attack on craig
    > the scene with the stars on stormageddon's ceiling
amongst other bits i've probably forgotten.

the whole "saving the world with love" thing was cringeworthy -- only because the writer did exactly the same thing in last year's craig episode. (otherwise, it's a wonderfully doctor-who way to save the day!)

looking very forward to the wedding of river song next week...

-- darren

a tear, sarah jane?

but it did happen.
darren
alcoholic frog *hic*

Postby Anoria » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:34 am

tomorrow may be worse wrote:the whole "saving the world with love" thing was cringeworthy -- only because the writer did exactly the same thing in last year's craig episode. (otherwise, it's a wonderfully doctor-who way to save the day!)

I cringed until they decided to lampshade (thank you for that term, tvtropes) it by having Craig be all "I saved the world with love!" and the doctor muttering about how it was actually human instinct to protect offspring and genes and so on, but yes, okay, you can think it was love.

Just caught up on a whole lot of posts in here. I love all the theories - darren, you have an impressive eye for detail. I just noticed the rubik's cube and the fact that the do not disturb sign didn't disappear with the rest of the hotel at the end.
I kind of hope we're done with the flesh, since having a flesh-Amy was such a huge story twist that I don't think they can pull it off twice, but on the other hand that would be a convenient way for the doctor to get killed-but-not-really.
But I suppose less convenient is more exciting. I will be on the edge of my seat at least til the next one airs.
Hey baby, what's your callsign?

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Anoria
Solver

AOL: telcontara177

Postby bethanwy » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:05 pm

bethanwy
COVERED IN BEES

Postby darren » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:19 pm

Anoria wrote:I cringed until they decided to lampshade (thank you for that term, tvtropes) it by having Craig be all "I saved the world with love!" and the doctor muttering about how it was actually human instinct to protect offspring and genes and so on, but yes, okay, you can think it was love.

haha, i've never heard that term before. it's cool. it makes me think of anchorman: i love lamp.

Anoria also wrote:I kind of hope we're done with the flesh, since having a flesh-Amy was such a huge story twist that I don't think they can pull it off twice, but on the other hand that would be a convenient way for the doctor to get killed-but-not-really.

i'm leaning less and less towards the flesh now. like you say, it will be a little too convenient, and i seem to remember old canton telling amy and rory and river that the dead doctor was no robot or clone, it was the real deal.

i'm thinking more and more now that it's going to be all about alternate/parallel timelines or something. moffat is keen on his timey-wimey approach to who.

only a few hours until we find out though, woo!

thelxiepia wrote:This is really cool.

that is cool :)

and on the subject of river song timelines, there's apparently such a thing introduced by alex kingston on tonight's doctor who confidential. i don't usually watch it, but tonight's episode looks good: there's also a mini doctor who episode written by children from a school in basingstoke (just up the road from me).

-- darren

a tear, sarah jane?

but it did happen.
darren
alcoholic frog *hic*

Postby msuphy » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:15 am

Dirty!
msuphy
Grazer

Postby darren » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:38 pm

a couple of posts back, i wrote:i'm thinking more and more now that it's going to be all about alternate/parallel timelines or something.

Spoiler:
or the teselecta. that was my next thought. honest. :p

a tear, sarah jane?

but it did happen.
darren
alcoholic frog *hic*

Postby darren » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:20 pm

i like doctor who lego. doctor who lego is cool.

a tear, sarah jane?

but it did happen.
darren
alcoholic frog *hic*

Postby nanaki » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:04 pm

(∀x) (∃y) ( loves(y, x) )
nanaki
ナナキ

Postby Mr Anderson » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:17 pm

Didn't cry or anything. *sniffs*
IDIOT, n.
A member of a large and powerful tribe whose influence in human affairs has always been dominant and controlling. The Idiot's activity is not confined to any special field of thought or action, but "pervades and regulates the whole." He has the last word in everything; his decision is unappealable. He sets the fashions and opinion of taste, dictates the limitations of speech and circumscribes conduct with a dead-line.
Mr Anderson
Witch

Return to “%s” Anything Goes Forum - General