The Republic of Heaven

The Comfort Thread

Discuss (almost) absolutely anything here

The Comfort Thread

Postby Soapy » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:43 pm

Here's the thing. I just had a lovely bath with some Ruby Red Slippers Bubbles from Lush and I wanted to tell you lot about it except that there's no appropriate thread!

The Happy Thread seemed the closest but i'm not really happy... i'm comfortable, which is a totally different thing.

So, uh, what's giving you all comfort these days?

Perhaps I should also mention that i moisturised my hands with some Helping Hands stuff from Lush too.

I might get into bed for a bit...
The Sraffie Formerly Known As hermit
Soapy
President Lesbian

Postby zemarl » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:15 pm

chocolate is a proven health benefit and works better than cough medicine for the persistent cough. not to mention it tastes flippin amazing and between that and tea, the world's problems could be solved. :love:
i wear purple for my daddy
zemarl
I ATE'NT DEAD

Location: the library of unseen university (dimension unknown)

Postby KittyKat » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:35 pm

Ooh, I have a ruby red slippers from christmas '05 which I never used! I must try it! If it hasn't grown mould by now... :shifty:
I text. It makes me hyper, but it's comforting. Somehow. :D
Jellybaby?

Now I'm through my hyperactive kid stage, and into moody teenager stage of evolution. ~*iguana*~ off!

The topic or post you requested does not exist

I can't get the piccie in, but I am Post Whore Sraffie '07.
Honest.

If you see a leaf blow past you in the wind...
it's the metaphor for my sanity and I lost it again. Please call 0800 - 555 - 666 to claim your 10p reward.
KittyKat
Angel

Location: Where troubles melt like lemon drops (that's where you'll find me on weekends)

Postby Soapy » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:17 pm

KittyKat wrote:Ooh, I have a ruby red slippers from christmas '05 which I never used! I must try it! If it hasn't grown mould by now... :shifty:
I text. It makes me hyper, but it's comforting. Somehow. :D

Have you used bubble bars before?

If you haven't, or even if you have, I suggest taking about a third of the bubble bar and then breaking it up into very small pieces and crumbling them individually under the tap. That seems to be the best way to get the bubbles going.

I still have a bit of that one left and another whole one in my Lush box - so plenty more bubbles for me!
Soapy
President Lesbian

Postby KittyKat » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:58 pm

*Gasps for breath* After creating an avalanch of cosmetics in the bathroom (which, um, wasn't me) I discovered I have a jingle spells too. Yey, a comforting bath tonight! :D
I haven't used them before - ballistics though. And shower jellies - they're scary! :shifty:
Jellybaby?

Now I'm through my hyperactive kid stage, and into moody teenager stage of evolution. ~*iguana*~ off!

Honest.

it's the metaphor for my sanity and I lost it again. Please call 0800 - 555 - 666 to claim your 10p reward.
KittyKat
Angel

Location: Where troubles melt like lemon drops (that's where you'll find me on weekends)

Postby Tomsy » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:01 pm

My electric blanket that I got for Christmas makes me very comfy. It's like waking up in a toaster every morning, but... a comfortable one, with pillows and a matress instead of metal and a crumb tray.
When in doubt, castle.

Image Image Image
Tomsy
Ain't no passing craze

Postby heatheradair » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:04 pm

i find it very comforting when my kitty lays across my chest and purrs while staring at me and blinking slowly. so cute :D
lexically.etsy.com

"Here's a golden Rule to begin with. Write legibly. The average temper of the human race would be perceptibly sweetened, if everybody obeyed this rule! A great deal of the bad writing in the world comes simply from writing too quickly. Of course you reply, 'I do it to save time.' A very good object, no doubt: but what right have you to do it at your friend's expense? Isn't his time as valuable as yours?" -Lewis Carroll
heatheradair
Text Twist Ninja

Postby bethanwy » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:28 pm

I find lying in bed with my eyes closed, when I'm perfectly awake comforting. The thought that there's nothing for me to do and nowhere for me to be is nice :) That's why I always stay in bed till well after noon in the holidays.
bethanwy
COVERED IN BEES

Postby The Almiester » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:35 pm

:? There's a thin line between being comfortable and being lazy, Bethan... :?
Well, to cut a long story short, he got away with my snorkel.
But I made a solemn vow right then and there, that I would not rest, I would not sleep for an instant, until the one-nostriled man had been brought to justice.

But first I decided to buy some donuts.
The Almiester
Gallivespian Spy

Postby bethanwy » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:57 pm

The Almiester wrote::? There's a thin line between being comfortable and being lazy, Bethan... :?

I'm well aware that I'm lazy. Laziness is very comforting :P
bethanwy
COVERED IN BEES

Postby The Almiester » Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:09 am

Being lazy has its appeal, but I prefer a nice hot shower. Or a squiggy chair in a coffe shop.
Well, to cut a long story short, he got away with my snorkel.
But I made a solemn vow right then and there, that I would not rest, I would not sleep for an instant, until the one-nostriled man had been brought to justice.

But first I decided to buy some donuts.
The Almiester
Gallivespian Spy

Postby Soapy » Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:53 am

When i'm older and have lots of money the first thing i'm getting is one of those Lazy Boy chairs. If I have kids, it'll be the only thing in the house they're NOT ALLOWED TO TOUCH.

I find lying in bed with my eyes closed, when I'm perfectly awake comforting. The thought that there's nothing for me to do and nowhere for me to be is nice Smile That's why I always stay in bed till well after noon in the holidays.

Yeah, that's comforting and calming because you don't have all the distractions that you usually do. Of course, if your mind is in turmoil then perhaps it's not the best thing to do.
Soapy
President Lesbian

Postby ERADicator » Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:21 am

Music is comforting. I listen to music almost every day.
Shun the light
Embrace the dark
Feast on souls
Contaminate your heart
Become the Devil
Learn to hate
Your eventual demise
Is a product of Fate

Poetry by me
ERADicator
Grazer

Postby jessia » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:47 am

häagen-dazs strawberry ice cream.
"o stars, isn't it from you that the lover's desire for the face
of his beloved arises? doesn't his secret insight
into her pure features come from the pure constellations?"
- from rainer maria rilke's third elegy

sign up and help edit+create his dark materials wiki articles for bridgetothestars!
http://www.bridgetothestars.net/wiki/index.php

Image Image
jessia
Sraffie Queen

Postby zemarl » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:23 am

The Almiester wrote:Being lazy has its appeal, but I prefer a nice hot shower. Or a squiggy chair in a coffe shop.

yeeeahhhhh. hot shower ftw. and then use the biggest fluffiest towel in the house and just lie in bed for a while... so comfortable.
i wear purple for my daddy
zemarl
I ATE'NT DEAD

Location: the library of unseen university (dimension unknown)

Postby KittyKat » Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:54 pm

If I'm upset, singing comforts me. And my friends. Or hot chocolate and a hot water bottle, and a fire...so long as it doesn't burn the house down....(again. We really need to un-live that live wire. Steel wool catches suprisingly quickly.)
Jellybaby?

Honest.

KittyKat
Angel

Postby silversong » Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:34 pm

Watching films and television comforts me. They probably wouldn't if I watched more often, but as it stands, they are rare experiences.
"Blame is for God and small children." Papillon
silversong
Armoured Bear

Postby Cookiemonster » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:09 pm

Being all snuggled up with someone lovely is the most comforting thing for me.
Genius is always allowed some leeway, after the hammer has been prised from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up - Thief Of Time.

There may, as the philosopher says, be no spoon, although this begs the question of why there is the idea of soup. - Thief Of Time

*Divide By Cucumber Error - Please Re-install Universe And Reboot* - Hogfather

To travel between universes would require an extremely subtle knife, or a cunning spoon - Callum

:cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute:

Bunnies!

ImageImage
Cookiemonster
Sweet and Delicious

Postby Evermind » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:27 am

Tea & listening to the radio...CBC <3
Baths are lovely...and reading a good book. Those are all comforts to me.
Even the ashes of lovers find no rest.

Image Image Image Image Image
Evermind
Gyptian

Postby Somewhat » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:19 am

I agree with you wholeheartedly Bethan, just lying in bed watching the dust-motes fly by (I have east-facing windows back in Australia, there's never any sun here anyway :P) is extremely comfortable. It always makes me think about Dust. Well, that and the fact that I should get a new computer fan.
Oh yes, and tea. A nice warm comforting mug of tea. When I got back to Australia from our 2-week Japan trip, we arrived in Brisbane airport and I went straight to a cafe and got a mega-sized cup of black tea. Green tea just doesn't do it for me. :P
Sraffie Awards 2008: Sexiest Male Sraffie // Formerly known as moonflash. Avatar courtesy of the lovely Bee.

"Can I make you a sandwich?"
"Okay - but no mayo. And no raisins, or celery. And no peas. No love, no joy, no future. No mushrooms."

- Buttercup Festival
Somewhat
Raustralian

Return to “%s” Anything Goes Forum - General