The Republic of Heaven

Exercise thread

Discuss (almost) absolutely anything here

Re: Exercise thread

Postby Aletheia Dolorosa » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:21 pm

I've forced myself to get back into running after having two very patchy weeks. I was ill for part of one of them, but the rest is just sheer laziness on my part.

My legs hurt, but I'm glad I've been running every day for the past four days, as when I don't run, I tend to get paranoid, mopey, sulky and moody. Err, more so than usual...
'There are few things in this world that couldn't be improved by adding vampires to them.' - Scott Westerfeld
ImageImage
ImageImage
More melodrama/Even more melodrama/Sexiest Female Sraffie, Best Signature, Cam Whore, 2008 Sraffie Awards
Avatar from Scandinavia and the World
Aletheia Dolorosa
Wednesday's Child

Postby Blackdragon » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:27 am

Randomly decided late last night that I would wake up early this morning and start running again. I did it but lets see if I can keep it going.

Oh by the way, I have not been here for like five years and this is the first place I decided to randomly post so hey there.
Blackdragon
Witch

Postby Secret Someone » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:50 am

I did some walking on the common. I drove the wheelchair and Sophie took my rollator so that I could get up and do a little bit before sitting down again. It was fun.

I also did a lot of hand drumming last night, and right now my body is convinced that it had a pretty decent workout!
"There will always be women in rubber flirting with me!"

Secret Someone
Gallivespian Spy

Postby Darragh » Thu May 12, 2011 10:41 pm

It's depressing how unfit you can get just by being inactive for 6 months.

Oh well I'm back exercising fully now while I wait to hear from work. Hopefully it won't take long to get into a routine.
Darragh
Entirely Adequate

Postby Aletheia Dolorosa » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:34 pm

After talking with Bryn about it, I decided this thread could do with a bump. I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to get more active again in the new year, and this thread is a good place to encourage each other to do so.

So, I'll start things off. I'm going to get back into running, and do at least a 45-minute run every day. I'm also planning to do something I've been talking about for years: take up yoga. I'll get back to you on how that all goes.
'There are few things in this world that couldn't be improved by adding vampires to them.' - Scott Westerfeld
ImageImage
ImageImage
More melodrama/Even more melodrama/Sexiest Female Sraffie, Best Signature, Cam Whore, 2008 Sraffie Awards
Aletheia Dolorosa
Wednesday's Child

Postby Peter » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:38 pm

I'm going to try to go from walking to work once a week to twice a week.

New Year's resolutions, eh?
Peter
Not an endangered species

Postby brynjarbjorn » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:47 pm

My New Year's resolution was that I would seriously attend physical exercises this year. The aim is to start off with at least 3-4 sessions per week at the gym, hopefully bumping it up to a part of my daily routine.
I have no real weight issue, my current state (and all time high) being 66kg. Even so, I wouldn't mind losing a couple of kilos before gaining more, if it means that I have become healthier in the process.
brynjarbjorn
Unusual Suspect

Postby Aletheia Dolorosa » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:57 pm

Peter wrote:I'm going to try to go from walking to work once a week to twice a week.

New Year's resolutions, eh?

Not resolutions in my case, as I decided two years ago that I wouldn't make any resolutions ever again. I just have felt that the past two months have been really bad for me in various ways, and I've let myself go (in various ways) and I need to get my life back on track. Exercise seems like a good way to start with that.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Aletheia Dolorosa
Wednesday's Child

Postby brynjarbjorn » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:45 pm

I've had a small amount of measurable success at the gym, as through this week I've gone from 66.9kg down to 65.1kg. It's rounded up so there's just short of two kilograms that I've lost. Two less fatso kilos at least!
brynjarbjorn
Unusual Suspect

Return to “%s” Anything Goes Forum - General