The Republic of Heaven

His Dark Materials Shop

Discuss general topics related to the series

His Dark Materials Shop

Postby Will » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:59 pm

Do you all remember our shop? It hasn't been having much activity lately and I'm hoping to get it a bit more prominent. What sort of things would people be interested in actually buying? I've set the prices as low as I can to get any sort of mark-up at all. We can use any of the fan-art already there (since we got licence for them last time) and can probably use some more if we asked nicely. I'd love one of those Sraffie mugs.. You can see the sort of options here. Please brainstorm. :smiley:

p.s. calandar is the best
Last edited by Will on Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Q: If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God tell you when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
Pullman: Well, I'm retiring, would you like to take it on ?
Will
Homo Sine Deo

Postby Ian » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:04 pm

I've really wanted to get some stuff from there for a while. It's just been a case of me not having a enough money. I think more stuff and more art might be good, but I can't give any specific ideas.
We must build the republic of heaven in our world...

Is this heaven?...No, it's Iowa

I sell discount books, so sue me

Times are tight, and starting a band is good way to kill some time until the economy picks up
Ian
The Frog Prince

Postby Will » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:07 pm

It's US-only remember, so it's an extra $7.00 for shipping to here, (with $4.00 for each additional item).
Q: If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God tell you when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
Will
Homo Sine Deo

Postby zemarl » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:21 pm

hang on... you can get a sraffie mug customized with fanart? :shock: (or is my imagination making stuff up again...)

i'd love to buy something, but i can't make online purchases bc of the whole credit card thing... unless there's some kind of alternate option?

my mum would have a fit if she saw me wearing a *gasp* where's your daemon shirt... all the more reason to get one 8)
i wear purple for my daddy
zemarl
I ATE'NT DEAD

Location: the library of unseen university (dimension unknown)

Postby Will » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:35 pm

That's exactly what you can get! Did you follow that link in my post? That's the one we have at the moment, with just "Sraffie of BridgetotheStars.net" written on it in our awesome font. If that's not enough, then pick something from our fan-art and I can make one of those too. Greyscale looks nicest on mugs I think.

I think it takes debit cards there. Visa is listed, and my debit card is one. It does say 'credit card' though, hrm. Damn our kiddy fanbase! Is your mother afraid of the internet pirate criminal ninjas getting her card details by any chance?
Will
Homo Sine Deo

Postby Townie » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:42 pm

I refuse to have a credit card so I'm a bit knackered.
I'd like a T-shirt, please Santa.

What I'd really like is a Will Parry action figure with knife, rucksack, daemon and detachable fingers.
"A man does not show his greatness by being at one extremity, but rather by touching both at once." - Blaise Pascal
"Better a cruel truth than a comfortable delusion" - Edward Abbey
Townie
Village Idiot

Postby Will » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:22 pm

I have just made the best product ever:

Will
Homo Sine Deo

Postby Cookiemonster » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:27 pm

Aw Will, that's so cute! :D
Genius is always allowed some leeway, after the hammer has been prised from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up - Thief Of Time.

There may, as the philosopher says, be no spoon, although this begs the question of why there is the idea of soup. - Thief Of Time

*Divide By Cucumber Error - Please Re-install Universe And Reboot* - Hogfather

To travel between universes would require an extremely subtle knife, or a cunning spoon - Callum

:cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute:

Bunnies!

ImageImage
Cookiemonster
Sweet and Delicious

Postby Jaya » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:44 pm

Yeah...cute.

Except if you're in England 'armoured' is be spelt wrong.
"To him whose elastic and vigorous thought keeps pace with the sun, the day is a perpetual morning."
-Henry David Thoreau

ImageImageImageImageImage
Jaya
Je ne suis pas une sraffie.

Postby Will » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:02 pm

It pained me to type that. But that's what yonder Americans will be searching for.
Will
Homo Sine Deo

Postby Jez » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:11 pm

Wow, I didn't even know there was an HDM shop! :P Amazing the stuff you can buy on the Internet. I love the Sraffie mugs. Pity it's USA only... damn those shipping costs.
Jez
Absolutely Uncertain

Postby Will » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:19 pm

I'm trying to look into UK equivalents now, but there's nothing really comparable. I'm investergating http://www.makemymegastore.com at the moment.
Will
Homo Sine Deo

Postby Jaya » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:20 pm

If I had the time I'd make stuff and sell it.

I really want a t-shirt with an alethiometer on it...
"To him whose elastic and vigorous thought keeps pace with the sun, the day is a perpetual morning."
-Henry David Thoreau

Jaya

Postby Tristan » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:41 pm

Will wrote:I have just made the best product ever:

*thinks that bear looks remarkably familiar* ;) .....didn't everyone agree that it was about the worst idea ever, so we took it down? (Since no one had actually bought one...) ....but hey, if people like it now... *shrugs*

What about some new ideas for t-shirts? The "*gasp* where's your daemon" one seemed to sell the best, followed by the Will one... the Lyra one was never really good though. And remember, we're limited in what we can put on....
Last edited by Tristan on Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tristan
Megamouth Sraffie

Postby Jaya » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:44 pm

maybe you could put favourite quotes from the books...

:?:
-Henry David Thoreau

Jaya

Postby Cookiemonster » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:45 pm

That Iorek and Iofur fanart on the sticker/mousemat/etc could make a nice t-shirt, possibly.

Edit: Oh, and how about the TRoH logo, and the BTTS main page logo? Or a picture of the Aurora with Bridge to the Stars written across it?
Genius is always allowed some leeway, after the hammer has been prised from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up - Thief Of Time.

There may, as the philosopher says, be no spoon, although this begs the question of why there is the idea of soup. - Thief Of Time

To travel between universes would require an extremely subtle knife, or a cunning spoon - Callum

:cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute:

Bunnies!

ImageImage
Cookiemonster
Sweet and Delicious

Postby Tristan » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:52 pm

angelofboox wrote:maybe you could put favourite quotes from the books...

:?:

nope, we wouldn't be allowed to.

That Iorek and Iofur fanart on the sticker/mousemat/etc could make a nice t-shirt, possibly.

Edit: Oh, and how about the TRoH logo, and the BTTS main page logo? Or a picture of the Aurora with Bridge to the Stars written across it?

I thought there was a shirt with that Iorek/Iofur image on it? We could probably do the main page image, but I'm not sure if we have permission to use the TRoH image on something other than the site itself.
Tristan
Megamouth Sraffie

Postby Cookiemonster » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:58 pm

Merlyn wrote:

I thought there was a shirt with that Iorek/Iofur image on it? We could probably do the main page image, but I'm not sure if we have permission to use the TRoH image on something other than the site itself.

Only long-sleeved and hoodie, from the looks of it - and the pictures are tiny.

Another thought - maybe Kate would let us use some of her fanart?

Bunnies!

ImageImage
Cookiemonster
Sweet and Delicious

Postby Will » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:02 pm

There's this with the bears on: http://www.cafepress.com/hdmbtts.8964471 (edit: ah, you saw it)

I'd suggest a bigger one with just the image, but we're only able to sell one of each type of shirt, so that'd mean losing a Will/Lyra, which sell well. The Lyra shirt actually sells more than the Will shirt. I finished up the calendar - it seemed to have been left without the cover image or the January, so that's up there too now.

Merlyn wrote:
Will wrote:I have just made the best product ever:

*thinks that bear looks remarkably familiar* ;) .....didn't everyone agree that it was about the worst idea ever, so we took it down? (Since no one had actually bought one...) ....but hey, if people like it now... *shrugs*

I thought you'd only used the heart picture on a sticker? I thought I was so cool. :cry:

Oh! We can use Milton all we want. He's long dead. :P Into this wild abyss and so forth.
Will
Homo Sine Deo

Postby blueangel » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:05 pm

I am going to get a journal and a calander if i can get hold of my dads credit card.
blueangel
Small Town Witch

Yahoo Messenger: murphy_olivia

Return to “%s” General His Dark Materials Talk